From contacts to prescription lenses or RX insert?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaz660_1

I have always used contact lenses and 'normal' shooting glasses-Oakley. A recent eye injury and resulting treatment has meant that I have been advised to avoid contacts for eight to twelve weeks which means I am currently using my daily wear glasses with little success - lenses are too small and I look through the top etc.

I already have an unused Wiley Sabre Advance kit which has an RX insert included in the package.Unfortunately my local optician won't glaze them as they didn't supply the frame.

I wondered if anyone had used the Wiley RX insert and if it were a viable option to the prescription Pilla or Zeiss glasses?

Could anyone recommend an optician who could carry out the work?

Thanks in advance

I have used something similar before. Think mine were peltor maxims with an Rx insert. Vision express glazed mine for me without a problem, think they were around the £80 for basic lenses. But they were fine about doing them, I would have thought spec savers would also do them without a fuss.

Hi Gaz,

If you've already got an insert its well worth trying it out, unless your prescription is high, or you have a lot of astigmatism (the CYL part on your prescription copy)

PM me the details and i'll be happy to give you some costs and options

Ed

Latest posts

Back