Eley Jets Anyone ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

525kev

Looking to purchase a new Bettinsoli Evo from Donaldson's Gunsmiths in Bletchley and noticed there advertising these carts at a rather temping price so wondered if anyone has any neg's to share before i purchase Gun and a handfull of these Eley Jets.

http://www.donaldson-guns.co.uk/

Eley seem to be doing good deals on bespoke loads for gunshops at the minute. I've seen several in recent weeks. 

They appear to be Eley firsts loaded in a variety of their stock cases. The one's above are Grand Prix's. Gilsan Sports are loaded in the DTL Gold. Greenfields are in blue Olympics. 

They're cheap enough and will do the job but expect quality control issues. Esspecially with the fibre loads.  Also the small print on the back of the box will be littered with spelling mistakes and ommisions if they're like Gilsans!

Don't know if that's amusing or quite sad from our once largest manufacturer.

If they're plastic they're worth a punt but I have no faith in Eley loaded fibres. Too many buldged cases and wonky wads.

PM

£179 is for the 24g cartridge, if you actually look at the offer the 28g is £182 only 3 quid difference but why would they say the 28g is £179 when its not.

Kibworth SG are doing similar with "Rose Gold" also made by Eley. Suppose they are all trying to provide a reasonable priced cartridge to keep the punters shooting. Some of the English made shells have just become ridiculous and prohibitive price wise.

Under the Trades Description Act, I would be expecting to pay £179 per thousand from Donaldson's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great info guys, I think i'll give them a wide one as there Fibre and no sense inviting an issue :(

I don't suppose you can go far wrong with the carts, however...why would you spend a grand on any Bettinsoli...?

Really, consider one of "The Three", a good used Silver Pigeon 1 will cost about the same.

Seriously...not being a brand snob.

I don't suppose you can go far wrong with the carts, however...why would you spend a grand on any Bettinsoli...?

What problems did you have with yours that led you to this remark ?

Really, consider one of "The Three", a good used Silver Pigeon 1 will cost about the same.

That's 1 which i tried but didn't fit by a country mile, The other 2 ?

Seriously...not being a brand snob.

Not even a tiny bit :)

I know people who have had them...they aren't great...even when they don't go wrong...which they can.  I did nearly buy one, back in the day, seemed very attractive for the price. 

Some dealers call them Bettinsoli Boomerangs.

Most guns won't fit perfectly off the shelf...you make them fit.

Beretta, Browning, Miroku. Also consider Caesar Guerini.

You of course, will buy as you see fit, but most of us on here would want you to know what you are doing.  

If you come to change the gun, you will lose LOTS of money, if you can sell it.

If you spend a grand on one of "The Three" or a CG...chances are, you will get back what you paid for it....and it won't likely break.

Why didn't the Beretta fit...in what way?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted a Gun that would fit somewhere near to get me started in the sport whilst i get my mount consistant, When i mounted a Beretta SP i was looking down on the front bead quite a bit according to the Gun shop where as the 525 fitted me better so i ended up with that for now.

I wanted a Gun that would fit somewhere near to get me started in the sport whilst i get my mount consistant, When i mounted a Beretta SP i was looking down on the front bead quite a bit according to the Gun shop where as the 525 fitted me better so i ended up with that for now.
Yeah, I thought you had a 525...So why the interest in the Boomerang?

I have a 7 Gun cabinet which must be filled asap :)

Seriously i love the 525 but 1 is never enough!

Just purchased a nearly new condition Webley & Scott 912K which at the price including everything Gun related (He ceased shooting, i got a bargain) 

Also got a old nail of a Lamber 27" which annoyingly fits me like a glove .

I spotted a rack of Bettinsoli's at my local ground and quite liked the feel and look of the 30 & 32" Evo's (yep i like black actions) and at £899 i thought it a good buy, Until this post.

Still i've had a look at some CG's but to rich for my poor wallet.... 

You're welcome. Remember that you can normally buy a gun from anywhere and get it transferred to a local RFD.

Quite a useful site is Guntrader, once you get the filters in place

Thanks, the rfd is an option once i've shouldered a Gun and happy it fit's somewhere near then i can search for a good deal.

To be honest you can't go wrong with the 525 I bought a spotter one 30" 2 year ago, since then I have shot clays, pheasant, duck, geese, pigeons, crows.

At one time I had in the cabinet a sxs, o/u, pump action .410, semi auto 12.

In reality I only ever needed the 12 bore o/u but sometimes a bargain was too good to pass up.

in hindsight I should have saved the money and bought some lessons or more carts.

im now full circle with just 2 shotguns and one rifle.

Latest posts

Back