FITASC UT GP France

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwpzx9r

Is being held at Cestas in May... so far there are 31 entries from 144 available... how poor is that ?! I think that FITASC are asking too much of an entry fee for little return for the winners. There is a local competition on the same day and it looks likely that it will have a bigger entry list! The French UT championships can attract nearly 600 shooters for a championship which again gives little by way of prizes other than the satisfaction of winning.. but the costs are slightly less. There will be more entrants but not anywhere near the 144 limit. Do FITASC not realise that people have only so much money to spend?

Is being held at Cestas in May... so far there are 31 entries from 144 available... how poor is that ?! I think that FITASC are asking too much of an entry fee for little return for the winners. There is a local competition on the same day and it looks likely that it will have a bigger entry list! The French UT championships can attract nearly 600 shooters for a championship which again gives little by way of prizes other than the satisfaction of winning.. but the costs are slightly less. There will be more entrants but not anywhere near the 144 limit. Do FITASC not realise that people have only so much money to spend?
Do they care...everything i see connected to them in any way seems to be directed at people that are quite willing to pay whatever the cost.

Not a great business model and hardly encouraging to your average shooter.

Do they care...everything i see connected to them in any way seems to be directed at people that are quite willing to pay whatever the cost.

Not a great business model and hardly encouraging to your average shooter.
I think they just try to get competitions running at anytime and anywhere they can to complete their calendar. For example this event, as I see it, is not at the right time of the year and to be honest . There are many well established club orientated events down here in April/ May. There are about four I can think of off hand that are always well attended and offer a good prize to the winner one competition gives an O/U shotgun for a prize not the best gun in the world but still  €1000 worth. So you have all these comps with entry fees of €45 with modest prize money and other bonus prizes or a FITASC comp @ €180, that may see you having to get accommodation for a couple of nights as well, that will give you SFA other than a trophy... which way are you going to spend your cash ?

Yes It was a night mare for me Philr I broke my tooth at diner the night before the event and had to try and shoot with a mega headache... unsuccessfully then on the Sunday morning leaving the hotel for the shooting ground I split my head on the tailgate of the car ! Then in the final round of the event I pulled a muscle on my shoulder. Add to that the wind blew like a tornado the whole weekend  and my misery was complete. It was a shame for me personally because I was looking forward to shooting but it really went tits up on the final round on the Saturday I could only make 10 !!! I went into total shut down and had to go back to the hotel. Never mind Lonato is only a few weeks away I am hoping to be fit for that my tooth gets hauled out on Monday!

Big junior entry......not! 

DT
The entry was not that great Greg most French but a few other nationalities. I is quite a nice shooting ground but unfortunately I did not really get a chance to enjoy shooting my toothache and the very strong wind spoiled it for me. There were some decent scores made though I was down about 30-35 on what I had hope to score. As I say though I am looking forward to shooting at Lonato I heard so many good things about the place while at Cestas.

Latest posts

Back