What Cartridges do you use for Clay shooting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Cartridges do you use for Clay shooting

• Hull

Votes: 35 28.5%
  • Fiocchi

Votes: 41 33.3%
  • Clever

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Gamebore

Votes: 36 29.3%
  • Kent

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Cheddite

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • NSI

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Eley

Votes: 16 13.0%
  • RC

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Rio

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • Winchester

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lyalvale

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Baschieri & Pellagri (B&P)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bornaghi

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • FOB

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Jockers

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • Other please specify in comments

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters

Davy_B

Just curious as to what cartridges people are using to smash clays in 2017 . i know a lot of people will have tried various different types but what have you stuck with or what do you keep going back to as your favourite ?

Last edited by a moderator:
The ones I am using at the moment are heat seekers they are very good in the warmer weather but if its cool or over cast there just like normal

I use the cheapest as I feel any cartridge is better than I am and as long as they go bang and I point at the right bit of sky and they break the clay, then that's all I want.  

I have used NSI, then Jocker (they are a very good cartridge and I bet less people would be sceptical of them if it wasn't for the name). Now using Fiocchi TT1, which I find is another good ctge.

I voted Eley but will be switching to a cheaper make when current stocks are gone. 

Looking at the results so far this is why I cannot replenish my supply of Fiocchi so readily at the moment, sod off back to your usual cartridges you lot  :D

Just to prove i am not fussy or biased i have Hull,Fiocchi,Eley,Gamebore,Armusa,B&P,RC,Sellier and Belliot plus a few others.

Funny thing is i used to dislike some as i thought them kicky but with the new gun and stock i don't really seem to notice.

I use whatever is cheapest locally in 7.5 28g.  I also use a spattering of 9s in piston, bior or fibre depending on what I can get hold of.  Generally locally available are Hull, Fiocchi, Lyalvale, Kent, Gamebore.

Gone over to Fiocchi since price rise of Eley and Gamebore, must say just as good if not better! Happy again!

must admit im surprised at the dominance of Fiocchi on a predominately British forum i thought there would be more using the home grown cartridges as i assumed they would be cheaper than the imported Fiocchi .

don't get me wrong the cartridge i use most is Fiocchi F-Black purely because i like it best . just surprised that there isn't more using Gamebore and Eley in the UK 

must admit im surprised at the dominance of Fiocchi on a predominately British forum i thought there would be more using the home grown cartridges as i assumed they would be cheaper than the imported Fiocchi .

don't get me wrong the cartridge i use most is Fiocchi F-Black purely because i like it best . just surprised that there isn't more using Gamebore and Eley in the UK 
Much cheaper if you shoot something like Fiocchi TT1 and officiandos, fuss arses and the like aside they do the job.

Latest posts

Back