Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Will Hewland

EJ Churchill CPSA reg ESP April 6th

36 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Sian said:

I thought the pool shoot sportrap was hard.  I have not heard any feedback on the PL - did people considered it very tough then?

I won't post publicly on here but generally thought it wasn't great.

We were just saying it wasn't a great round and they said it was a new course setter.

Hopefully they consider the sun a bit more for the next shoot.

1 person likes this

Second half was a bit stiffer than the first, but as a C class shooter I didn't think it was overly hard.  I shot early (started at 9) and only one stand was even vaguely affected by the sun (stand 7 I think), but even that OK you had plenty of time to get onto the affected target when it had moved away from the sun

20 minutes ago, Bebo said:

Second half was a bit stiffer than the first, but as a C class shooter I didn't think it was overly hard.  I shot early (started at 9) and only one stand was even vaguely affected by the sun (stand 7 I think), but even that OK you had plenty of time to get onto the affected target when it had moved away from the sun

I didn't shoot well but I have hit a bit of a plateau and self doubt at the moment.  Currently trying to just get on with it and not dwell although as I am an emotional person it is quite hard to do.  I am taking comfort in other people's stories of getting in a rut and then get out of it.

1 minute ago, Sian said:

I didn't shoot well but I have hit a bit of a plateau and self doubt at the moment.  Currently trying to just get on with it and not dwell although as I am an emotional person it is quite hard to do.  I am taking comfort in other people's stories of getting in a rut and then get out of it.

I'm similar.  A bad shoot (or even a bad stand) and I end up doubting what I'm doing, hanging on to targets and slowing the gun as I'm trying to make sure rather than just doing it.  I'm feeling confident at the moment and things are going well.  Won't take much to change that though.

you feel like you've plateaued, I feel like I'm at the top of my game - we both scored exactly the same at WLS and EJC!

1 hour ago, Bebo said:

I'm similar.  A bad shoot (or even a bad stand) and I end up doubting what I'm doing, hanging on to targets and slowing the gun as I'm trying to make sure rather than just doing it.  I'm feeling confident at the moment and things are going well.  Won't take much to change that though.

you feel like you've plateaued, I feel like I'm at the top of my game - we both scored exactly the same at WLS and EJC!

I was sick the day of WLS, I had been for a while so I was very glad to get that score as I was all over the place.  EJC well I just didn't get into it and I am such a "cut off my nose to spite my face person", I just give up trying.  I am trying to work on that but so so hard -  50 years of being that way.  I am my own worst enemy, when I should be trying to build a score I just don't bother.  I regret it every time but I don't change.  

3 minutes ago, Sian said:

I was sick the day of WLS, I had been for a while so I was very glad to get that score as I was all over the place.  EJC well I just didn't get into it and I am such a "cut off my nose to spite my face person", I just give up trying.  I am trying to work on that but so so hard -  50 years of being that way.  I am my own worst enemy, when I should be trying to build a score I just don't bother.  I regret it every time but I don't change.  

I had a cracking start (for me) at EJC with only 8 dropped on the first seven stands.  Wheel fell off on stand 8 (couldn't hit the battue for some reason) and I was pleased not to crash and burn totally, although I had a couple of other stands that weren't brilliant.

Part of my issue is that I have a good memory for numbers and I know what my score is.  If I'm not doing well early on I know I need to try to make it up and I put pressure on myself.  I've consciously stopped myself thinking about it over the last month and just focusing on the next two targets.  It seems to be helping a bit.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Sian said:

I thought the pool shoot sportrap was hard.  I have not heard any feedback on the PL - did people considered it very tough then?

Someone Straighted it👍

10 minutes ago, Mrt said:

Someone Straighted it👍

I can think of a few out there that could have done that just not me. 

oops

Edited by schmokinn
wrong place

53 minutes ago, schmokinn said:

oops

Explain I'm thick and I can't shoot.

12 minutes ago, Sian said:

Explain I'm thick and I can't shoot.

i posted what i posted in your thread here by accident,away with the fairies somewhere:oops:.....and i know you can shoot a bit :wink:

1 person likes this