Whats your favourite Pilla lens colour and why?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmokinn

Seem to have amassed a few lenses now 78HC was my go to favourite unless really bright then 22ED but quite liking the 66N now.

Also just acquired a 18RHC for those bright sunny days of summer we have coming  :lol:

I don't use Pilla shooting glasses,to be honest I get nose bleeds at the thought of the cost :)  but I find the purple coloured lens of the Randolph's to be a really good all round lens sunny or even quite dull it seems to do the trick for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't use Pilla shooting glasses,to be honest I get nose bleeds at the thought of the cost :)  but I find the purple coloured lens of the Randolph's to be a really good all round lens sunny or even quite dull it seems to do the trick for me.
Me too, I find that rangers offer the best clarity/ value for money going, and the dark purple is my lens of choice

Cant justify the price tag of pillas myself . Especially when everyone ive asked that has them all say they werent worth it . I always used sunglasses for sport matrix glasses in just standard yellow lenses up until about 2 months ago, but i dropped them and scratched them so i switched out the lense to a purple one i had and immediately my scores went up . Way crisper image great for dulling down the green and brown that most ranges here have as a backround . I probably will get pillas eventually but for now il stick with the Matrix . These ones 

4135-thumb-550-450.jpg

Seem to have amassed a few lenses now 78HC was my go to favourite unless really bright then 22ED but quite liking the 66N now.

Also just acquired a 18RHC for those bright sunny days of summer we have coming  :lol:
Frankly, they're not worth the money. There's no doubt they're good but no better than Randolph's or Oakley's that cost less than half the price. 

They've become one of those 'I won't win unless I have them' products. I think it's nothing more than a placebo effect for most.

My favourite is the one they invented to highlight black clays  :D  took them a mere decade to realise 90% of clays thrown are black  :rolleyes: . They do a job of sorts just like the others which cost less than half. Remember straights were shot at all disciplines before any fancy glasses were available and up until a few years ago they all told us yeller was the colour for shooting  ;)

They sponsor top shots so they must be good, I'd want more than £370 to sell my soul. 

The better you see a target does not give you a better kill ! as long as you can see it you can kill it, paying big money for glasses cannot be justified unless you want to say look at me !

My favourite is the one they invented to highlight black clays  :D  took them a mere decade to realise 90% of clays thrown are black  :rolleyes: . They do a job of sorts just like the others which cost less than half. Remember straights were shot at all disciplines before any fancy glasses were available and up until a few years ago they all told us yeller was the colour for shooting  ;)

They sponsor top shots so they must be good, I'd want more than £370 to sell my soul. 
Ive never seen a black clay ? Always orange ?

ABT is always orange, DTL can be black, most sporting shoots are mainly black or a mix of other colors
Fair enough. Never seen black used. But im in ireland maybe its different here. I have seen them at ranges in boxes or in traps not being used but never shot at 1 

Latest posts

Back