How many Carts do you keep.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

525kev

Just wondered what amount of Carts people keep and at what level prompts a top up ?

I've only got about 650 stashed at the moment having just started shooting.

Was down to about 1200, so bought another 4000 yesterday.  That's for two of us, should last 6 weeks or so.  Although with Easter coming and lots of shoot on, they may go a bit quicker.

Over here we are limited on our licence as to how many we can keep with the default being 100 . Yes you read that right 100 . Cops here must think your going to go on some kind of painfully slow killing spree or something .

i had to beg and submit numerous letters to get mine upped to 750 so thats what i keep 

I keep about 12000 and order more when i get down to 2-3000
I thought you weren't allowed to hold more than 10,000 cartridges on a shotgun licence..... only firearms dealers were allowed to.....not sure where I read/heard that but I'm sure I did

Still I only generally have about 2-3k max at any one time  

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought you weren't allowed to hold more than 10,000 cartridges on a shotgun licence..... only firearms dealers were allowed to.....not sure where I read/heard that but I'm sure I did

Still I only generally have about 2-3k max at any one time  
correct, your not

correct, your not
yeah just googled it there is a 10k limit and its not to do with the amount of cartridges, its to do with the amount of powder you can hold without an explosives licence

stacking up to ~6k, resupply when im down to ~2k

Just because my cabinet cant hold more :p

You do not have to put them in a cabinet !
I don't think putting them in a safe or steelgun cabinet is advised as they are in effect a sealed vessel which can explode if the powder is ignighted by the heat of fire.   A lockable  cupbord or wardrobe etc is the best place. They will just burn away with no pressure build up.   

Over here we are limited on our licence as to how many we can keep with the default being 100 . Yes you read that right 100 . Cops here must think your going to go on some kind of painfully slow killing spree or something .

i had to beg and submit numerous letters to get mine upped to 750 so thats what i keep 
Where about' s in this world do you live in,with these draconian rules.

Lots, just under 10k at the moment.

Now i figure as long as i give half to my wife we can have 20k in the house as she can legally be given them and i guess possess the maximum amount.

thoughts?

Lots, just under 10k at the moment.

Now i figure as long as i give half to my wife we can have 20k in the house as she can legally be given them and i guess possess the maximum amount.

thoughts?
it is approx 10k in the property any more than that and you need the relevant storage licence.

it is approx 10k in the property any more than that and you need the relevant storage licence.
cheers  :wink:

Now i have heard powder/propellant mentioned is it actually relevant to that or the amount or the amount of explosive in the primer?

Latest posts

Back