Bargain Hunt

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salopian

Perhaps this thread could inject some life into the forum.

Anyone have money saving ideas or know of bargains such as Guns, cartridges and any shooting related stuff?

I will start us off by mentioning Dog Poo Bags.

After buying numerous types at ridiculous rip off prices I have just 150 Mamia Children's Nappy Sacks from Aldi for 89p.

Easy to open , don't split and pleasantly scented .

Once used , please do not hang poo bags in the trees , they do not boidegrade or blossom.

Greenfields salisbury own Super Atom cartridge 28G 7.5 fibre 175 a thousand,pretty sure they are rebadged olympic blues except 30 quid cheaper.

Facebook was the place for bargain guns until they decided that we weren't allowed to legally trade guns on there,i absolutely stole a couple  :D

Poo bags 12p 100 Morrisons - well they are nappy sacks really. Same thing in Asda, pack 500 appx 50p

Perhaps this thread could inject some life into the forum.

Anyone have money saving ideas or know of bargains such as Guns, cartridges and any shooting related stuff?

I will start us off by mentioning Dog Poo Bags.

After buying numerous types at ridiculous rip off prices I have just 150 Mamia Children's Nappy Sacks from Aldi for 89p.

Easy to open , don't split and pleasantly scented .

Once used , please do not hang poo bags in the trees , they do not boidegrade or blossom.
Fortunately I can still manage to get through the course of a round of UT without fouling myself but thanks for the heads up. :)  

Fortunately I can still manage to get through the course of a round of UT without fouling myself but thanks for the heads up. :)  
Commendable in view of your age.  Prolly why Sal was so aware of them and quick to share.  I may have to keep a few in the car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonko ( Charlie) 

Actually it could be all the **** you and ips spout :lol:

I also use nappy sacks from Aldi or even the pound shops, nicely scented as you say but where I work the local parish council give them away free to anyone who can be bothered to go and get them.  Can't get much cheaper than that!, 

I buy hand warmers in the 99p or pound shops, 2 in each packet, they last for hours and hours  and carry them in cartridge bag, have been known to give them away to smaller children at shoots!

If I'm doing an all day shoot, ie the Essex Masters etc I get the breakfast biscuits from pound shop, well known brands for a third of the price and nibble on way round, slow release of sugar which keep me going all day.

Anything else, ie clothing, gun slips etc have a really good look on Internet, worth doing as we've saved hundreds of pounds.

We fish a lot too and I needed some waders, I'm fairly small, size 10 and only 4'11"  couldn't get a pair anywhere until we went on Ebay, searched worldwide and brought a brand new pair of Simms waders (expensive!!)  from Australia, total cost including postage was cheaper than if I'd brought a pair from the UK. Have also brought golf clubs from the USA cheaper than I could buy them here and that included the import duties too.

Woof wear gloves, very similar to Macwet but only 15 quid on the Ebay, And they come in white,which is the absolute best, worth more clays than a K80.

Solognac clothing from decathlon - everything I have got is well made and comfortable. Sizes suitable for the larger gent. Often found with sizeable discounts.

Safety gear (ear protectors etc)- screwfix . Seriously shooting gear is horribly over priced.

Solognac clothing from decathlon - everything I have got is well made and comfortable. Sizes suitable for the larger gent. Often found with sizeable discounts.

Safety gear (ear protectors etc)- screwfix . Seriously shooting gear is horribly over priced.
Don't know if you are in the UK Lord v but if you are you unfortunately miss out on some very good value cartridges that are available on the continent but there as you know many things that are many other good value for money products from Solognac . 

edit

Really though to actually add something rather than have a laugh ALDI and LIDL have some great stuff on offer every week I have bought some very good quality tools from them and their stuff is nearly always worth buying. I bought a socket set years back and it is way better than you could ever imagine for £35.

Sainsbury's 'everyday' kitchen roll....£1 ish for two fat rolls. 

Cut a sheet in half, fold each half 3 times and it fits perfectly in a 12 bore - great for cleaning the tubes.

Sainsbury's 'everyday' kitchen roll....£1 ish for two fat rolls. 

Cut a sheet in half, fold each half 3 times and it fits perfectly in a 12 bore - great for cleaning the tubes.
I use the same method but I think we get it from Auchan, not suggesting that you come to France to buy it BUT yes cheap kitchen towel!

Hi

ESS ICE naro glasses with PX insert

Owned by Oakley and used by armed forces.  

Whole lot with PX from optician and 4 lenses (Clear, Yellow, Smoke & Bronze) less than £200.

Comfy too.

Damon

Also, use cheap (ASDA) kitchen roll to do the barrels

MIrror finish.

Damon

Hi

ESS ICE naro glasses with PX insert

Owned by Oakley and used by armed forces.  

Whole lot with PX from optician and 4 lenses (Clear, Yellow, Smoke & Bronze) less than £200.

Comfy too.

Damon with
Good stuff... ebay for second hand shooting gear I bought a great pair of RE ranger shooting glasses with a good selection of lenses  for less than a £100

Don't know if you are in the UK Lord v but if you are you unfortunately miss out on some very good value cartridges that are available on the continent but there as you know many things that are many other good value for money products from Solognac . 

edit

Really though to actually add something rather than have a laugh ALDI and LIDL have some great stuff on offer every week I have bought some very good quality tools from them and their stuff is nearly always worth buying. I bought a socket set years back and it is way better than you could ever imagine for £35.
Unfortunately I am so miss out on their cartridges. I hear they are cracking though. 

I love lidl stuff. I agree, much better than you would think.

Got a garden spade for 50p. Sod all to do with shooting but I burried the three squirrels I shot today with it and sold it to my neighbour for a quid. RESULT.

Got a garden spade for 50p. Sod all to do with shooting but I burried the three squirrels I shot today with it and sold it to my neighbour for a quid. RESULT.
You did well ... BUT see those squirrels you wasted some really good eating there. They are a B to skin but the flavour of the meat when cooked is super! They were gaining quite a status with hi end chefs for a while don't know if they are still on the menu but to hell with fashion they actually taste good.

Latest posts

Back