Shooting under floodlight

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr bluecity

Did compak sporting tonight under flood light at my local club, first time I've shot under floodlight, I'm not a bad shot but I can honestly say I couldn't hit a barn door. The change in light totally threw me, to much lead, not enough, the clay flying past before I'd even seen it ! Even tho I didn't shoot well, I still quite enjoyed it, and would definatly try it again, although any tips tho would be greatly received. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I shoot floodlit skeet every Wednesday. And the clays look like bullets shoot the same targets in the daylight and they seem much slower. So I would guess your in front. A AAA sporting shooter who has won the British sporting only shot a 14 the other week.

Very few grounds here in the UK have adequate enough lights. I have shot under lights a few times and can say that mostly do not take it too seriously over here as you are often hampered by the conditions.

Wear a VERY light coloured lens (even clear).

Lights can be awesome but they have got to be good. My only experience of REALLY good lights is over the pond on the occasions i have shot well enough to get into shoot off's out there. As a lot of their shoot off's they deliberately wait for it to get dark and then hold them.

NSC SA TX.jpg

I was watching the American PSCA tour on you tube, even the pro's seem to struggle on the night shooting. Looks like good fun though.

Latest posts

Back