shooting and sickness

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wynno

So I've been feeling a tad under the weather lately and my good doctor has diagnosed a bout of shingles. To be honest I couldn't give a toss about shooting as it feels like Lucifer himself is dragging a heated fork across my side.

So folks what would stop you from shooting....

With a little luck and with the aid of various NHS supplied tablets. I intend shooting at Westfields on the 2nd.

these days I don't shoot unless I am 100% up for it. Bad back, bad shoulder, bad neck either of those bothering me and just don't bother. I take dog out instead, that doesn't cost or hurt ?

Sorry to hear that Wynno, hope you have a swift recovery.  I recently carried on through a bout of illness, didn't do my scores ant good.  No self discipline me.

My sympathies to anyone suffering pain and lack of mobility. Shouldn`t moan if you still cast a shadow i suppose,, but i also ,after slowly going into decline over the past 5 years, now suffer agonizing back pain, which i managed to really intensify 5 weeks ago at Northall club, shot at a high midi incomer , and on the 3rd pair did a tear to muscles between shoulder blades, took half an hour to get to my car,about 150 yards away.diminishing now, but not going out again for a few more weeks. can hardly get up the stairs still. really sucks.

Last week I hurt my left shoulder which is still very stiff and sore now. I tried to shoot ABT on sunday but struggled to take the weight of the gun. (I'm right handed) a total waste of time and very painful. If it's mot much better this weekend i won't shoot.

Last week I hurt my left shoulder which is still very stiff and sore now. I tried to shoot ABT on sunday but struggled to take the weight of the gun. (I'm right handed) a total waste of time and very painful. If it's mot much better this weekend i won't shoot.

You cannot shoot ABT with 2 good shoulders :lol:

My husband had to take a four week enforced break from shooting last autumn after having a heart attack and a stent fitted.  He was shouted at several times by the cardiac rehab team when chasing them up to see if he was allowed out again.  Not as bad as someone we know who had open heart surgery.  That's at least three months off while the sternum knits back together.

With me I find the sickness sets in after I see my first round score :)   To be honest I have been carrying a back muscle injury for a few weeks now but have just got on with it and because I have work to do about the garden and house the injury is taking a bit longer to heal.

Winter.   Seriously.  

The last two years I've stopped in October, gone back to it at the end of March.    I'm probably a wuss or something, but the diminishing returns from standing ankle deep in mud in a cold, windy, wet field was the most depressing thing ever.  

This year and last year, my mental health and happiness has been protected by not going through it. 

Winter.   Seriously.  

The last two years I've stopped in October, gone back to it at the end of March.    I'm probably a wuss or something, but the diminishing returns from standing ankle deep in mud in a cold, windy, wet field was the most depressing thing ever.  

This year and last year, my mental health and happiness has been protected by not going through it. 
Wuss...nothing like a crisp January morning to get the body alert  :D

Winter.   Seriously.  

me too, unless its game shooting or dog work you can keep it. Saved a ruddy fortune as well ?

Wuss...nothing like a crisp January morning to get the body alert  :D
I do enough crisp winter mornings from Monday to Friday - in my office in Victoria at 7.30 every day.   I get paid to go to work. 

And yes, I'm a wuss. With warm hands.

So I've been feeling a tad under the weather lately and my good doctor has diagnosed a bout of shingles. To be honest I couldn't give a toss about shooting as it feels like Lucifer himself is dragging a heated fork across my side.

So folks what would stop you from shooting....

With a little luck and with the aid of various NHS supplied tablets. I intend shooting at Westfields on the 2nd.
All the best and get well soon, happy faces like yours are a most welcome sight, 

Had a go shooting after a 10 YEAR LAY OFF. Sadly my body has declined and forced me to abandon any comeback, sad days. My mind thinks I am 21, but my body tells me I am 67, which is correct. I will have to reflect on past glories instead of creating more it seems.

Winter.   Seriously.  

If windy freezing winter lasted three weeks I would join you. Makes total sense, but can't face 3 or 4 months off. Need to get another hobby..

If windy freezing winter lasted three weeks I would join you. Makes total sense, but can't face 3 or 4 months off. Need to get another hobby..
I developed another hobby to cope. I don't just hibernate for winter. 

Latest posts

Back