What Gun and Cartridge do you use

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for clays

32" 725black, half and half, universal trap 7.5s fibre 

game

28" game EELL's fixed quarter and half, everything from Cheddite's universal trap 7.5s to their Elite 36 gram 4s ,

also Gamebore Mammoth 1s for geese through a semi auto

Last edited by a moderator:
Beretta DT10 eell - trap

Beretta 687 eell diamond pigeon - game

Victor sarasqueta SxS - game

fiochi f black 24g plastic

superfast 27g plastic

high pheasant 30g fibre

Beretta 692 30" - OT

Cheddite universal trap

(but looking into RC2 and Fiocchi TT as replacement - all about $$$)

MK38, fixed choke at 1/2 and 1/2. Hull inter comps, 28g in 7.5. But only have 500 of these left so going over to what my husband uses which is RC2, have used them before and am quite comfy with them.  

B525 browning with Midas extended chokes 1/2 and 1/2 

black gold for game

the cheapest cart for clays, fiocchi tt 1 28g (kick like a mule) compare to 32g of black golds

K80 Parcours fixed 3/8 both barrels.  Whatever 28g 7.5s are cheapest (Fiocchi TTOne's at the mo).  Also have some 9's in Bior or Piston wad in plastic or just fibre wads (whatever I can get hold of easily at the time) in the pouch for any close stuff as I have fixed chokes.

Swear these helped me out on Saturday on couple of stands.  Sim pair of fairly low driven targets that converged where I managed the pair with a single cartridge twice.  Also a slight quartering away target sim with a target that was further out and more crossing.  First two pairs I hit both targets with the a single cartridge - pure luck as I was focusing completely on the closer target and just happened to take it at the right time to hit the crosser as well.

Beretta SP1

28g Fiocchi TT1 - they don't kick me at all and I use enough of them

1990 Perazzi MX8 0.6 and 1.0mm with just about anything 2.4mm plastic wadded as long as they are breaking targets for me. I used to use Clever's in T2 and T4 but currently Jocker competition at a fraction of the cost and they are very good.

Miroku MK 70,

Clays

Hull Intercomp HV 24g 2.3mm and Hull Pros Steel 28g (where steel shot is demanded) through Teague extended 3/8 and 5/8 for sporting and 7/8 for 2nd shot on trap. Have some Cheddite Free Shots 28g in 2.2mm for point blank rabbits and Hull Parcour 28g in 2.4mm for longest ones that look out of reach.

Game

Hull Driven Grouse and High Pheasant X treme through factory Inv+ flush choke in 1/2 and 1/1.

Perazzi MX8 fixed  (Trap)

Beretta DT10 multi  (Sporting) although I recently acquied a Miroku MK38 fixed choke sporter which I'm tending to take instead.

English SxS (Game)

Recently using Rio carts in 28g for sporting and trap where 28g is allowed.

Either Fblacks 24gr Cheddite Mach3  24g for OT.

New season & new combo for me.............

Very early days........... but as ever, very optimistic :D

Ceasar Guerini Summit Ascent 32" and whatever 28gram carts are going at my local RFD.

sent from ma fone wiv ma fingaz

Perazzi MXS 32" fixed half and half,like Fiocchi and Hull cartridges but shoot allsorts at local shoots

Beretta A400 Excel Parallel Target for the Beretta World and Benelli Auto comps 

Too many others to list shot occasionally for fun  :D

Krieghoff K80 32" sporter 3/8th, 3/8th choke.

Whatever cheap 28g 7/8 shot carts I can get. But do like Gamebore. 

And....

Beretta A400 Xplor (my pigeon gun) 1/2 choke. 

Gamebore velocity 30g 6. 

Latest posts

Back