First scompetition

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brand New

Evening all. As you are all aware I am new to sporting clay shooting and only recently returned to shooting after a 30 year break. I got my SGC and had a couple of lessons and shot a few days game at the end of the season. I joined a small local clay club that shoot 50 sporting every other Sunday on several sites and have enjoyed it very much despite not being too good at it.

Today we went to the West of England Game Fair. There was a 50 bird Sporting clay shoot so I put 5 spaniels and the gun in the car and set off. The weather was drizzly rain and we put the dogs back in the truck before I went to shoot. I am not very good but I dont get flustered or disheartened when I shoot badly. The stands were much more difficult than I have encountered on our little club shoot. I didnt do very well(22 out of 50) but I enjoyed shooting at targets I hadnt shot at before and it was a good experience. All the other guys shooting were really friendly and it made a great day out. It was a good chance to get some practice in and I hope there will be many more small shoots like it for me.

Evening all. As you are all aware I am new to sporting clay shooting and only recently returned to shooting after a 30 year break. I got my SGC and had a couple of lessons and shot a few days game at the end of the season. I joined a small local clay club that shoot 50 sporting every other Sunday on several sites and have enjoyed it very much despite not being too good at it.

Today we went to the West of England Game Fair. There was a 50 bird Sporting clay shoot so I put 5 spaniels and the gun in the car and set off. The weather was drizzly rain and we put the dogs back in the truck before I went to shoot. I am not very good but I dont get flustered or disheartened when I shoot badly. The stands were much more difficult than I have encountered on our little club shoot. I didnt do very well(22 out of 50) but I enjoyed shooting at targets I hadnt shot at before and it was a good experience. All the other guys shooting were really friendly and it made a great day out. It was a good chance to get some practice in and I hope there will be many more small shoots like it for me.
Glad you enjoyed it

How can you have a happy crap day :eek:
I love shooting and good or bad i enjoy getting out and attempting to hit them,gun going bang is good (means i am in the right place)....actually hitting something even better :D

Just because i may shoot crap on a day,,the rest of the day might be great!

I once drove home from Cheddar gun club ( Brook Bank now ) all the way home with a bottom lip like a volvo's bumper thinking I have shot sh*t. Only to receive a cheque in the post a few days later, I suppose that was a happy crap day :lol:

Hello guys! As you can see that, I am new to clay shooting. I have participated first time in sporting clay shooting session. On that time it was very difficult for me. But, after taken the training from Dawn Grant, I feel very comfortable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back