Clay pigeon venue's

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbac300566

Have been shooting at doveridge now for a year,been looking on the internet and came across Yeaveley clay ground at Asbornue has any one had any experience with the ground.Only ten miles away from me,is it worth having a look.Thanks

Yes it's a nice ground, but doesn't do registered shoots (as far as I know) and they tend to be 50 birders. 

There is a shoot on this Sunday I believe and as always it's fibres only. 

Thanks for that lggy,not so bothered about register shoots as I shoot for fun.May pop up and have a go,weather permitting.

You're the 0.1%
When it comes to registered shoots I do not shoot for fun and the many people I know do not, you can play anytime but when its registered its time to pull your socks up and try and win, thats what it is all about ! 

When it comes to registered shoots I do not shoot for fun and the many people I know do not, you can play anytime but when its registered its time to pull your socks up and try and win, thats what it is all about ! 
Stop shouting at me in italics I'm not well.

Utter waste of money shooting a registered shoot for fun
Not if you happen to win or happen to enjoy the level of targets presented at lots of great registered shoots and major championships.  Unless my enjoyment interferes with the enjoyment of your shoots stop lecturing me.

Utter waste of money shooting a registered shoot for fun
What if you can have fun whilst trying to win? I'm only a novice but every lesson I had I wanted my instructor to treat my lesson as a 'normal round' and record my score. I was definitely having fun, but god damn it I wanted to beat everyone at the ground!

You know balltrap I enjoy my shooting and most shoots I'll do my very best but at the end of the day I'm not going to get worked up about having to win, it's a pastime and I am out to have fun in my down time.  It's not my living and if I win great, if not so what.  The worst shooting I do is when I've got het up about my score, not winning, so if you don't mind I'll not worry about it.

I would say the top 10% don't shoot for fun They shoot to win. Out of the remaining 90%. 60% of us know that we will never get any better and we shoot for fun because we like shooting. The other 30% think they can win and they don't enjoy it at all. In fact I sometimes wonder why they keep shooting.

You know balltrap I enjoy my shooting and most shoots I'll do my very best but at the end of the day I'm not going to get worked up about having to win, it's a pastime and I am out to have fun in my down time.  It's not my living and if I win great, if not so what.  The worst shooting I do is when I've got het up about my score, not winning, so if you don't mind I'll not worry about it.

Thats good you do your own thing, !but there is a lot out there that have a different view when it comes to a registered shoot

:) bollocks Sian
What part of what I said do you consider bollocks.  Are you saying because I don't care if I win I am not entitled to shoot good targets?  Concentrating on winning is not a good thing for me, concentrating on shooting each presentation well and not thinking about my misses is my goal.  when I win it's great I don't deny but I can't go out there thinking that's my goal otherwise it all turns to rat sh*t.

Back