Clever T4 Mirage Pro Extra

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davy_B

Anyone use these cartridges . See them available at a near by RFD . A fewguys shooting there were raving about them . 

Thoughts ?

201505231106492.jpg

I have tried most things, in my experience, through my guns (Perazzi) like for like nothing hits harder. Have shot thousands and thousands and only ever had 2 or 3 misfires.. a quality shell.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are good shells, used to use loads of them, £225/k 28g 8's. 
Think your living in the past as far as prices go...another 20 gbp a 1000 plus now.

I am sure they are a great shell but recently i have been shooting cheaper shells than usual and hitting the same or more.

The are really great cartridges but the price is high I have to pay €281 per thousand when I can get T2 for €216 and they are also very good, so good in fact I will take money that 99% of shooters could not break more targets with the T4 ... but you could say the same about any expensive cartridge vs cheaper.

+ take in account the extensive humiliating effect after missing with them...When shooting cheap stuff you can always blame it on the cartridge :)

Think your living in the past as far as prices go...another 20 gbp a 1000 plus now.

I am sure they are a great shell but recently i have been shooting cheaper shells than usual and hitting the same or more.
Only if you buy them from Garlands or someone supplied by Garlands...the original importer still has pallets of Mirage...still at old price!!! Supertargets at £166/k...happy days!!!

I´ve used them for the last 2 years, good quality, fast and good pattern. I use 24grm. through a full choke with 81cm barrels (Second shot)

Tom Young needs to be like other cartridge retailers , and treat us with the disrespect we deserve .

Sell his old stock at today's prices and make a few bob. :lol:

Ooops sorry I forgot Tom is a Gentleman , so rare nowadays.

Ok so i got a slab of these last weeknd to try . €70 euro . Expensive but they really are a beautiful cartridge. Smooth and with low recoil . I found it a lot easier to be on target with my second shot if needed.  And they absolutely smash clays. Dont think i can justify the €10 price difference over my usual fiocchi black or hull pro ones but the clever T4 are very nice to shoot and they are a very good looking cartridge if that matters :-D 

The are really great cartridges but the price is high I have to pay €281 per thousand when I can get T2 for €216 and they are also very good, so good in fact I will take money that 99% of shooters could not break more targets with the T4 ... but you could say the same about any expensive cartridge vs cheaper.
I hear what you say but.. Shoot the OT at lonato with T2s and T4s bsck to back.Then tell me there's no difference. 

I hear what you say but.. Shoot the OT at lonato with T2s and T4s bsck to back.Then tell me there's no difference. 
Will not be shooting the OT unfortunately I am there for the UT but there may be a chance that since I will be there from the Monday they may not have changed the layouts to UT until later in the week ? As a matter of interest what are the costs of Clever ammunition in Italy? Is it likely to be any cheaper than it is in France I pay €284 per thousand.  Although I doubt I will take any cartridges with me... but if they are cheaper I may bring some back :)  

Not sure compared to France but I would expect T4s to be cheaper to buy in Italy than T2 in the UK.

T2s were my cartridge of choice for ABT and UT at home in 28g but as I couldn't reafily get them in 24g I used Eley VIPs for OT. They had T2s in italy so I bought some. I didn't consider the price at the time. The guy in the shop advised buying T4's but I didn't listen. Boy did I wish I had.  Ihad to stay a cpuple of days after the shoot and went to the ground to fill time and tried the better cartridge. The difference was pretty convincing. 

The price of them was significantly cheaper than here. 

You can find some Italian prices if you Google on 'Cartucce Clever Mirage T4 Pro-Extra'

Seems to be cheaper than in France.

Not sure compared to France but I would expect T4s to be cheaper to buy in Italy than T2 in the UK.

T2s were my cartridge of choice for ABT and UT at home in 28g but as I couldn't reafily get them in 24g I used Eley VIPs for OT. They had T2s in italy so I bought some. I didn't consider the price at the time. The guy in the shop advised buying T4's but I didn't listen. Boy did I wish I had.  Ihad to stay a cpuple of days after the shoot and went to the ground to fill time and tried the better cartridge. The difference was pretty convincing. 

The price of them was significantly cheaper than here. 
Thanks for the advice. I will be using T4's as they are the cartridges I normally use in the "bigger competitions" I have entered although I have used T3's as well. For training I have used T2 but more recently Jocker competition but these are 28g cartridges for UT. To be honest with you although I have not been shooting that long, I don't think you can really call four years that long some of the guys I shoot with have been shooting for more than 30 years :eek:  , I have only ever once or twice actually hit a clay that has not broken. I either break it or the thing flys on its way!

You can find some Italian prices if you Google on 'Cartucce Clever Mirage T4 Pro-Extra'

Seems to be cheaper than in France.
You are bang on there JDL I never even selected for cheapness and the first seller is doing a box of 25 for €5.40 so you would think a thousand at a time would be a bit cheaper? I can see a major investment coming along :)  

so you would think a thousand at a time would be a bit cheaper?
I don't think so, but you can always ask them.

There are places where they don't charge extra when you only buy a few, and there are places whre they don't give you a discount when you buy a lot  :D

Big chance that the one you've found belongs to the 1st.

I don't think so, but you can always ask them.

There are places where they don't charge extra when you only buy a few, and there are places whre they don't give you a discount when you buy a lot  :D

Big chance that the one you've found belongs to the 1st.
To be fair 1000 T4 pro extra for  €216 is almost like theft.... I want to go and stay in Italy!

Back