Hull Pro Steel 28g #7

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreeShot

Shot some rounds of trap yesterday with Hull Pro Steel 28g through Teague 3/8 (0.015) and 5/8 (0.025) extended Inv +, (got 49 ex 50) .

I was impressed with the cartrdige - crisp detonation and remarkable breaks with second barrel even at 50m (the range is situated on the rifle range with known shooting distances). Compared to RC2 24g and Clever 28g steel, recoil is a bit heavier but distance breaks are noticable better.

As of patterns - at 40m left through 3/8 (229 pellets inside 20") and right through 5/8 choke (251 pellets inside 20").

Hull Pros Steel 28g.jpg

If you stumble upon them give them a try, those might be working your way.

By all means Westley. Dbac I am shooting Miroku MK70 - that is sort of 525.

Just for the wicked - here is a photo of Hull Pro Steel wad on the left and Clever Steel on the right.

Hull (four cuts) is 1/2 mm thick (just like RC)  while Clever (eight cuts) is gradualy going from thickest bottom to the paper thin top that has a ring beneath the top. As you can see the ring is further supported by longitudinal rib.

What is the purpose of that ring I don't know - might serve to relieve the peak pressure stress when going through the choke or it just works in accordance of paper thin top of the wad to still have some resistance to preven it from opening too soon too much?

2017-03-16 19.59.51.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Practising with these(24g 7) for ABT just now and very surprised just how good they are.. and they aren't even the 'top of the line' steel from Hull. 

Very nice cartridge, shot a round with them today.

Breaks are the same as with Gamebore Super Steel High Velocity.

Due to good results on sporting layouts I've put additional pattern at 20m on paper through 3/8 (0.015) on the left and at 40m through 5/8 (0.025). The more I shoot this load the more I like it.

20170901_211019.jpg

Latest posts

Back