OT cartridge rules

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul b

If memory serves me right,was there something in the rules that allowed lower class shooters to use 28grm insteed of 24grm,meant to incourage new OT shooters i think was the idea.

My i pad wont let me download from cpsa site for some reason,or i would look myself.

It doesnt seem to be written anywhere, searched for it the other day, I know its still in use as far as I am aware.

It was C & D class, but you cant win high gun or anything other than class prizes..

It doesnt seem to be written anywhere, searched for it the other day, I know its still in use as far as I am aware.

It was C & D class, but you cant win high gun or anything other than class prizes..

You can win high gun its just one ground that says NO

Can you quote where exactly in the curent rule book it is please,im not being bedantic but mutly couldn't find it and somebody else has looked and cant find it,and i thought i herd it was removed.

Can you quote where exactly in the curent rule book it is please,im not being bedantic but mutly couldn't find it and somebody else has looked and cant find it,and i thought i herd it was removed.

. (For ISSF and FITASC disciplines different rules apply, Thats all I can find on the CPSA site !

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant find any mention of it in issf book,but theres a lot there so easily missed,thanks for trying.

Cant find any mention of it in issf book,but theres a lot there so easily missed,thanks for trying.
500 pages :lol:

I have just spoke Ian @ Beverly he said the rule still stands :smile:

Thanks a lot,i can use that.

Not such a big issue now but those links are old and it needs confirming wether that rule still stands as the current  edition has no mention of them.

Thanks a lot,i can use that.

Not such a big issue now but those links are old and it needs confirming wether that rule still stands as the current  edition has no mention of them.
It appears it is a CPSA variation of the rule apparently the Italians use it too to encourage new shooters....but then they are both prone to making it up as they go along to suit themselves.

Approved changes in 2017-2020 ISSF Rules

The official ISSF rules and regulations have been updated for the next four years. The Federation provides a summary of the approved changes to inform member federations, athletes and coaches.

Shotgun Ammunition.  The use of colored wads is prohibited.  Only transparent or translucent wads may be used.  Strict enforcement of maximum shot charge limits (24.0 g +0.5 g tolerance) will continue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back