HULL INTER COMP

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simbo

A friend has just bought 5k of these, but as you can see from the pic, she was more than a little disappointed with her first outing.

Anyone else using these and experiencing misfires?

View attachment 6230

Quite a while back now I shot thousands of these and can only say I shot them for about 2 yrs with no problems, I really liked them.  I changed because I found a 28g that suited me and it's just easier to buy the same for Tony and I.    Can't speak for the present though.  Hopefully just a bad batch.

Is it a firing pin problem? Are the primers penetrated deeply enough  :oops: ? I'm a complete novice so I'm probably talking out of my arse!

I use these in the 28g, down to my last 500.  Have never had a problem with misfires but the last couple of boxes I've used have had rust on them! Probably because I've had them years and they've got damp somewhere along the line.  The outer box is fine, it's only when I open to empty cartridges into pocket I saw it. 

I am going to miss them though, I love them and have complete faith in them, when I miss it's not the cartridge. It's me!! 

wow thats a lot. i have shot a lot of hull pro one / pro one dtl 300 and hull sovereign and never had a single missfire but ive never used the intercomp

tbh the only cartridge i ever had a problem with was Fiocchi tt one .

i would say look at the gun but the strikes, especially on the back 3 look more than deep enough , the front 3 maybe not .what gun is it ? miroku / browning by any chance?

Last edited by a moderator:
Even the ones that haven't penetrated have hit hard so Imo its faulty batch of primers. It happens. Take them back.

wow thats a lot. i have shot a lot of hull pro one / pro one dtl 300 and hull sovereign and never had a single missfire but ive never used the intercomp

tbh the only cartridge i ever had a problem with was Fiocchi tt one .

i would say look at the gun but the strikes, especially on the back 3 look more than deep enough , the front 3 maybe not .what gun is it ? miroku / browning by any chance?
Isn't it strange that you should have had problems with the Fiocchi TT1 as I have used those now for over a year and again a lot of them with no problems and the old man, we buy 1000 a week with no issues.

On a side note, how dangerous are miss-fired cartridges? If there was an issue with the gun not hitting the primers hard enough, would it put the cartridge in a volatile state where a small knock may ignite the primer and you get an exploding cartridge in your pocket?

Isn't it strange that you should have had problems with the Fiocchi TT1 as I have used those now for over a year and again a lot of them with no problems and the old man, we buy 1000 a week with no issues.
i know its mad your not the first person to say it to me . i have been completely put off the TT1 i refuse to use them now . on the other hand i love The Fiocchi F Blacks and rate them highly . i had dozens of missfires with TT1s never with anything else really 

I like FBlacks as well but I find them a little punchier so would use in competition but not when practising because they make me tire quicker.

On a side note, how dangerous are miss-fired cartridges? If there was an issue with the gun not hitting the primers hard enough, would it put the cartridge in a volatile state where a small knock may ignite the primer and you get an exploding cartridge in your pocket?
theoretically you could have what is called a "hang fire" which is a sort of delayed firing but in over thirty years I have never heard of anyone having one. Once it is out of the gun it will be safe .

I think I would probably have an issue with 1000 a WEEK   !

Quite a while back now I shot thousands of these and can only say I shot them for about 2 yrs with no problems, I really liked them.  I changed because I found a 28g that suited me and it's just easier to buy the same for Tony and I.    Can't speak for the present though.  Hopefully just a bad batch.
Same here - shooting 2016 batch atm - still some way to go - no issues whatsoever:

58a71b4743cd1_2017-02-1716_28.47-1.jpg.2a93074d7956ee7da988e54256765638.jpg

Back