ips does simulated

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

wow, that was brilliant. The most fun shooting clays I have ever had.

three teams of seven guns three drives of two hundred one team loading for the other.

I loaded for a bloke who was a friend of the bloke who runs it who I know through beating an experienced shooter who returned the favour and loaded for me. I got my excuse in early I told him I was only shooting the 687 to confirm once and for all that I couldn't shoot it. Which was the truth. Anyway off we pop all sorts of clays coming over big uns little uns and tiny uns. I suprised myself A LOT by shooting bloody brilliantly (for me) loader said after half a dozen blinding shots "nothing wrong with that gun"

second drive a very very nice young lady loaded for me, again returning the favour as I had just had the pleasure of loading for her, she soon got the hang of it and again I was totally surprised at my performance as this was not expected and the 687 was on a warning and would have got a dammed good thrashing if it didn't perform. Anyway both the gun and the delightfully lovely loader made me look good so gun is now a keeper after all. Third drive good again.

I set out to experiment with swing through BUT in the heat of the moment I defaulted to my preferred method of see it and shoot it, I have no idea what I was doing but by Jove it worked. I have concluded from this that I was right all along and I am much better when I just do it.

sim driven is the future, sporting and trap have nothing on this. I strongly recommend everyone has a go but ruddy ell you shoot a lot in rapid succession. I shot 200 cartridges and I would guess conservatively 70% yes hard to believe I know. At the end it was a free for all to empty the traps so probably 30 shots on that bit for quite a few shared with other guns as we were very close together.

cant wait for the next one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of that sounded like '50 shades'!!!!!!!!!!! Good fun eh Ips.

brilliant fun battue, its the future ?

ps

I need a long hot bubble bath as I am beginning to ache ?

Did you get wet?  It Pi $$ed down all morning on us. 

No oil left on the stock by the time I got home.. Now dried out and first coat of oil put on. 

yes very wet it hissed down until the last target shot then it stopped typical. Stock ok, dried it out and no rain marks or lifted grain.

will text you

yes very wet it hissed down until the last target shot then it stopped typical. Stock ok, dried it out and no rain marks or lifted grain.

will text you
How much did the sim day cost bud?

this was a three drives two hundred bird per drive day. Shoot then bugger off home £40 excellent value Imo. You can pay £200 + for a five drive incl lunch etc day.

best fourty quid I ever spent to shoot clay discs. Feckin aching neck and shoulders though as the shooting is fast and furious.

this was a three drives two hundred bird per drive day. Shoot then bugger off home £40 excellent value Imo. You can pay £200 + for a five drive incl lunch etc day.

best fourty quid I ever spent to shoot clay discs. Feckin aching neck and shoulders though as the shooting is fast and furious.
I've watched a few videos and it does look like a good laugh I thought it would have been a bit more than that as well so it's a bit of a margin really 

I shot my second sim driven today and great fun it was. I actually shot very well indeed. I suit the see it shoot it type shot as opposed to the pre meditated shot you have on sporting. I am now of the opinion that sim driven is without doubt the best fun you can have other than game. Shot three drives of two hundred in a six man team and all for £40 which Imo is great value plus its 10-30 start and home for 13-15 of course a big attraction for me is that it is only three miles from home.

A different bunch of folk to last time and I noted that you can tell who has never shot game or a sim driven before. There was a young bloke there who was mustard and had obviously been coached on game as he was dropping his shoulder and had a very nice style, I would like to load for him on a game day ?

I hit considerably more than I missed and had some cracking pairs, shot approx 175 cartridges with Mrs ips loading, (she was very good at it as it happens) oh and we had high birds today off a thirty metre crane which was a challenge as they were mainly those trebor mint sized clays.

Me too, funny how this was dismissed on another thread..
if I even try to see lead or "plan" the shot such as a sporting stand I will generally miss. Even on a driven game day if I see the bird too early I am stuffed. I recently read a game shooting book and the author advocated looking at the ground for three or four seconds in this situation in order to avoid a premeditated shot. Apart from anything else I enjoy shooting on auto pilot. ?

short legs proved that I am better when I have no time last year when we shot a sim grouse butt and the crafty sod kept pressing the button before I was even loaded sending a dozen or so missiles at me. Worked a treat. I said ruddy ell Gareth you was a bit quick with them he replies yes I did it deliberately. The git.

if I even try to see lead or "plan" the shot such as a sporting stand I will generally miss. Even on a driven game day if I see the bird too early I am stuffed. I recently read a game shooting book and the author advocated looking at the ground for three or four seconds in this situation in order to avoid a premeditated shot. Apart from anything else I enjoy shooting on auto pilot. ?

short legs proved that I am better when I have no time last year when we shot a sim grouse butt and the crafty sod kept pressing the button before I was even loaded sending a dozen or so missiles at me. Worked a treat. I said ruddy ell Gareth you was a bit quick with them he replies yes I did it deliberately. The git.
An easy trap to fall into, I think clays contribute to this ... spent Friday with a very good shot who concentrated on clays since end of season and he didn't have time to even raise the gun to a few fast, windy pigeon..

Latest posts

Back