525kev

Browning Electronic XP Hearing Protector

7 posts in this topic

Anyone own these and would like to post their findings ?

Browning Electronic XP Hearing Protector

Browning%20Electronic%20XP%20Hearing%20P

Edited by 525blackgold

Pretty sure these are exactly the same and a lot cheaper i bet.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Earmuffs/Howard-Leight-Honeywell-1013530-Electronic/B001T7QJ9O/ref=sr_1_1?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1488396129&sr=1-1&keywords=Howard+Leight

As with any of these they suite some people and not others,i have a pair they work fine for sound but unfortunately every pair i have tried and i have tried a few seem to hit on the stock.

Yer i know what you mean when i used the gun clubs ear defenders i kept smacking the stock so thought these being alot slimmer might be ok.

I ended up using the little foam ear plugs which did the job but couldn't hear anyone talking to me .

More research before spending on something i end up not using :)

Edited by 525kev
spelin

51 minutes ago, 525kev said:

Yer i know what you mean when i used the gun clubs ear defenders i kept smacking the stock so thought these being alot slimmer might be ok.

I ended up using the little foam ear plugs which did the job but couldn't hear anyone talking to me .

More research before spending on womethng i end up not using :)

I have 3 different pairs!

Best bet custom moulded ear plugs with a mechanical(ball bearing) or hocks filter.

1 person likes this

last thing I need is to hear people talking behind me ,    YOUR BEHIND IT  etc  

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, 525kev said:

More research before spending on something i end up not using :)

http://www.best4systems.co.uk/msa-sordin-supreme-pro-hunting-headset.html?gclid=Cj0KEQiAot_FBRCqt8jVsoDKoZABEiQAqFL76HvDJ6mYLP2AIF54uRYcbtyevb6AM02IMBau1VFcqHUaAmwY8P8HAQ these are great (get the gel seals too). Really comfortable and I don't find that my stock hits them.

I wear the MSA Sordin "backwards" so the button cut out is on the right. This means no stock contact. I tend to turn them off when I step in the stand though as the microphones face behind me, so chatter is picked up if left on. Of course if you're left handed it's all perfect!

2 people like this