New Shooter dilemma

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonM

Hello all, I have recently decided to take up shooting having been bitten by the bug during a 'have a go session' at Xmas.

I have now had 4 lessons at my local ground, and fortunately had my FEO visit after 4 weeks, so am now looking around for a decent secondhand sporting gun.

I have been shooting a 30" Browning B525 with some success, and have a budget of around £800. I have had a look at a few shotguns at the shooting ground and could do with some advice / comment

- Browning B325 multi choke approx. 25 year old £700

- Miroku Mk38 Trap fixed choke 3/4 and full - around 6 y.o. £995

The Miroku seemed to be a better fit, but my question is, whether the fixed choke will restrict me in the future?

For now I am happy not to worry about choke, but don't want to overspend now on something that I might want to change in the future. The other option would be to look for a mk38 sporter for similar money if it is a similar fit.

Thanks

Simon

Sent from my SM-T805 using Tapatalk

Go with the Miroku, especially if you feel it's a better fit. You can get the chokes opened up by a gunsmith in time (I would recommend to 1/2 and 1/2 or 3/8 and 3/8 but that's another conversation). 

Latest posts

Back