EJ Churchill reg shoot 2.3.17

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

First Thursday of the month approaches again!

The CPSA course is a 100 English Sporting registered over 10 or 12 manned stands. Prize Money will be given to High Gun at £100.00 and each Winner in Class in AA, A, B and C (prize money depending upon entries per class).

Competition entries cost £39.50 and birds only at £34.50

Entries 9am – 2pm (last card out). 

No booking required, all welcome. 

Catering in the excellent clubhouse available. 

I really enjoyed last months course, let's see what we have this time.

First Thursday of the month approaches again!

The CPSA course is a 100 English Sporting registered over 10 or 12 manned stands. Prize Money will be given to High Gun at £100.00 and each Winner in Class in AA, A, B and C (prize money depending upon entries per class).

Competition entries cost £39.50 and birds only at £34.50

Entries 9am – 2pm (last card out). 

No booking required, all welcome. 

Catering in the excellent clubhouse available. 

I really enjoyed last months course, let's see what we have this time.
You on commission? ;)

I might pluck up the courage and make this Thursday at E J Churchill's my first registered shoot, when's the quietest time to start?

I might pluck up the courage and make this Thursday at E J Churchill's my first registered shoot, when's the quietest time to start?
It's pretty steady all day. If you really are trying to get round quick then probably avoid the 10-11 start time, but it's not usually bad. For your first shoot, best to watch one or two people shoot each stand before you do, you may pick up some hints and at least familiarise yourself with the targets.

A lovely sunny day in the end. Probably not great in the wind if you started at 9am, but just a bit blowy later. 

The course has had a different feel for the last two shoots and it's suiting me better. I might just regret going birds only today.. I was leading at lunchtime. A few very good shooters still to shoot when I left, including Hamid and Nick Portlock so doubtless I will tumble down the order.

Really enjoyed it and another big turn out.

I think it was a three way tie for HG between Steve Lovatt, Mark Ivey and me. Wahoo!

Last edited by a moderator:
My last rabbit jumped otherwise I would have been only 5 behind you.  :lol:

Thought it was a nice gesture by Churchills  yesterday to provide free tea, coffee and chocolate brownies for shooters as a thank you being voted top ground of the year. Very pleasant to finish the day with a free cappuccino and cake! 

So much going on there. Huge groundworks, new areas. Should be very interesting by the time the premier league shoot is on.

So much going on there. Huge groundworks, new areas. Should be very interesting by the time the premier league shoot is on.
Just booked on for the National Ladies Shooting Day event at EJC, but hoping I'll get back there before then.

Back