Premier League 2017

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simbo

After watching the Darts Premier League 2017 (and thoroughly enjoying it) from Brighton on Thursday evening, our very own Comp starts tomorrow, just a stones throw away at Southdown. 16 stands, so should flow quite nicely. Plus the opening of "The Southdown Gun Room and Shooting Supplies"

I'm surprised that there has been no mention of the competition on the forum up until now............has it lost its appeal? Only three of the eight teams show any signs of filling up!

Anyway, one things for sure...........there'll be plenty of characters, high scoring and fluffy rabbits! I see that George (Phil 'The Power' Taylor) has opted to shoot for EJ Churchills.

Will we see a 'Ton' tomorrow? Good luck to all those taking part........... :clover:

I'll be giving it a go. Rarely shoot Southdown and it never feels comfortable to me, so I'll be happy with a medium level score!

Rarely shoot Southdown and it never feels comfortable to me
Two weeks ago I shot a poor 72 but was joint first on the pool with a 23...........bizarre!

Richard Hawley

Dark Road

It's a long dark road, that I call my home
It's a long dark road, that I'm cursed to roam

Two weeks ago I shot a poor 72 but was joint first on the pool with a 23...........bizarre!

Richard Hawley

Dark Road

It's a long dark road, that I call my home
It's a long dark road, that I'm cursed to roam
I'll drink some of whatever you're having and get on down there..

I'll drink some of whatever you're having and get on down there..
Actually Will, I was dry up to my last post but the wife has just poured me a Chambord..............eclectic mix!

He's not Isaac Hayes but do check out Richard Hawley if you get a chance :cool:

Sees ya tomorrow old friend :clover:

A good card at Southdown ruined by.. err.. me. The difficulty today was dealing with 16 stands and the wind in places, but otherwise a softer course than normal. For some reason I totally misread stand 12 (nothing nasty) and hit 2 out of 8. Card wrecker! Only dropped 5 targets around the other 15 stands, so somewhat annoyed with myself. Ho hum. Nice day out and it all worked well at the ground.

Southdown wind got steadily worse with a touch of spitting rain, I was thankful the rain stayed at spitting.  I enjoyed the course except stand 7 orange battue and black thing.  I call it that because ours never made an appearance out of the trees and just dropped.  Couldn't get my gun into a position to shoot it and neither could Tony, it was the most frustrating bird.  I believe Dean Gibbs shot it by swapping shoulders so he could get his gun in a position to shoot it - something I can't do.  Score 79/100   Had a meltdown on Sportrap, shot first layout 19 so not awful but really could not be bothered, not in the right frame of mind and as 2 shooters didn't turn up only three of us and I hate that.  I like a full line and I prefer to shoot it first thing.   67/100 still won the ladies but it'll be thrown out.  Loved seeing everyone.

Southdown wind got steadily worse with a touch of spitting rain, I was thankful the rain stayed at spitting.  I enjoyed the course except stand 7 orange battue and black thing.  I call it that because ours never made an appearance out of the trees and just dropped.  Couldn't get my gun into a position to shoot it and neither could Tony, it was the most frustrating bird.  I believe Dean Gibbs shot it by swapping shoulders so he could get his gun in a position to shoot it - something I can't do.  Score 79/100   Had a meltdown on Sportrap, shot first layout 19 so not awful but really could not be bothered, not in the right frame of mind and as 2 shooters didn't turn up only three of us and I hate that.  I like a full line and I prefer to shoot it first thing.   67/100 still won the ladies but it'll be thrown out.  Loved seeing everyone.
That's where being left handed was an advantage, I could hold further back and got to shoot it almost as a crow.

A good start to the series and I thought it was an enjoyable and varied layout. I should have given that long rabbit more respect though! Pool shoot and sporting done in 1 hour 55 mins. Let's hope the rest of the series is as well organised.

Having moved 'up North' sadly the Premier league is no longer available to me. 

Have fun all. Fond memories of a 4 1/2 hour very, very cold round at West London with a 45 min wait on stand 9 iirc. NOT!

:) :)  

Took us 3.5 hours !!...... Great entry of 300+ & a good course made very different at times by the wind !!!

Nice to see everyone & a good start for team Barrow in defending the title !!!............Well shot TEAM  :smile: :smile:

Thought it was a good course, I don't think it was a great deal softer than normal, some good angles and speed. Nothing at a huge range but a couple of good midis.

Sian you're correct, that stand was far too tough to shoot right handed especially when I shot it in about 50 mph winds!! It barely made it to the track and with that bit of wood there almost impossible to shoot right handed.

So I switched and shot the stand left handed as although it's not comfortable I am able to do that.... and managed to straight the stand.

Shot a 97 which on the course in those conditions I'm pleased with but the 3 I missed were all wind affected ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I assumed it was softer than normal because historically I have not done well there.

I missed one on that stand with the bar. Just made me move in a way I'm not used to. I also missed another on a sim pair of orange quartering in, where I was shooting it a bit late, in front of a board.  That was fine until the wind stuck one behind the board! 

I'm still cross now about my brain fade on stand 12. Hollywood to Cricklewood. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I assumed it was softer than normal because historically I have not done well there.

I missed one on that stand with the bar. Just made me move in a way I'm not used to. I also missed another on a sim pair of orange quartering in, where I was shooting it a bit late, in front of a board.  That was fine until the wind stuck one behind the board! 

I'm still cross now about my brain fade on stand 12. Hollywood to Cricklewood. 
I was lucky on that SIM pair Will! One of mine got pushed down by the wind! Just hit it about an inch off the ground.

Missed this one, but was possibly thinking about the next one at West London.  Not sure yet if I've got the bottle for it after last year though.

Last year was the hardest shoot I ever did. Let's not get into that discussion again.. but I gather WLSS have been encouraged to balance the course for this one. Hope so..

Latest posts

Back