Krieghoff K-80 stock refinish

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lloyd Pattison

So, I love my new gun, and I got it as a bit of a bargain but I wasnt happy with the condition of the stock. Specifically the comb looked a bit rough.

A bit of youtube and a few conversations with some guys who know more than I do about wood (which is precicely nowt) I bought some 1200 Wet and Dry, 0000 Steel wool, and some boiled linseed oil.

Spent an hour or so on it this afternoon sanding and polishing and I am pleased to say that after much consternation DIYing something this expensive it looks bloody great. Only 1 light coat of oil so far but the difference is stunning IMO.

IMG_2091.JPG

IMG_2088.JPG

IMG_2078.JPG

IMG_2089.JPG

IMG_2079.JPG

Be careful the oil doesnt go gummy, Is it artist grade oil, its more refined than the diy stuff and gives a better finish, just give it plenty of time between coats and rub it till your hands burning....

I suspect that's what happened to the previous owner, looks like he attempted to just chuck loads of either Linseed or Tru-Oil on it and made an arse of it.

Back