Glasses Steaming Up.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angelfire

I have never liked wearing glasses to shoot in, like many I would guess. The main problem for me is the lenses steaming up, I have to constantly wipe the damn things before taking the next shot, other wise it's like shooting through fog. Is there some miracle cure, is there some mystical chant that would help the glasses stay clear, it really is a pain in the arras.

I have never liked wearing glasses to shoot in, like many I would guess. The main problem for me is the lenses steaming up, I have to constantly wipe the damn things before taking the next shot, other wise it's like shooting through fog. Is there some miracle cure, is there some mystical chant that would help the glasses stay clear, it really is a pain in the arras.
There are a few de-mister sprays on the market which work quite well.  Tony fogs up terribly in the summer and humid weather but he bought a French one at the Worlds at EJC and it has worked really well.  When he got through that he bought another and that works as well.  The name is Cressi and another is Muc Off.

tony said you put on with your fingers and wait a short while and then gently rub with cloth - they don't all tell you that.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Had the same problem at the worlds last year day 1, someone suggested the spray motor bikers use on the inside of their visors, We called in and got some next morning, any biker shop, its only a few quid and work a treat, spray it on leave a few mins wipe it off.

Steaming up is a bit of a pain. Warm faces and cold atmosphere inevitably lead to fogging...

As said above, better fitting glasses to allow airflow can be useful, venting prescription lenses and using demisting spray can all help. The motorcycle visor stuff is particularly good ?

Happened a lot when I was racing motorcycles, the cheap fix was to rub the inside of the visor or googles with neat washing up liquid then wipe the excess off with kitchen roll.

It worked better than a lot of the commercially available sprays back in the day but they may have improved by now and I am just a cheapskate so still use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Happened a lot when I was racing motorcycles, the cheap fix was to rub the inside of the visor or googles with neat washing up liquid then wipe the excess off with kitchen roll. It worked better than a lot of the commercially available sprays back in the day but they may have improved by now and I am just a cheapskate so still use it.

Sent from my Y635-L01 using Tapatalk

Many thanks for the info.

Sent from my Y635-L01 using Tapatalk

The problem is accentuated by close fit wrap around lenses and the peak of a baseball cap not allowing airflow on the inside of lens. If possible raise peak of cap and pull glasses slightly forward, but always remembering shards of clay can get through . 

Happened a lot when I was racing motorcycles, the cheap fix was to rub the inside of the visor or googles with neat washing up liquid then wipe the excess off with kitchen roll.

It worked better than a lot of the commercially available sprays back in the day but they may have improved by now and I am just a cheapskate so still use it.

This...as an ultimate test - it works on scuba masks as well.

Latest posts

Back