Need input, what should I be looking for

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knipan

Evening all.

Need your help/input.

Been shooting registered ESP, FITASC and Compac for two years nog, but been hunting with a shotgun last tweny years or so. I tried to keep it simpel and only shooting one gun a Beretta DT10-L which is working for me on the shooting ground. My main issue is the weight of the gun, using it hunting. Doing both walked up, and hunting from a hide.

The Beretta is about 3,85kg (I'm swedish so using metric  :oops: ), would like to find a as good gun for shooting comp. as using for hunting. My ideal weight is around 3,3-3,4kg. 

No set budget but try keep the price under £10.000, as I'm located in Sweden the choice is on the thin side...

Thanks!

// J

I'd recommend the K80 Parcours, but if weight is your issue it doesn't come in at much less (around 3.6kg I think).

I find it easier to switch from one gun to another, if the guns are a complete world apart. I have always used a side by side for game (lighter and easier to carry than an O/U) and a semi auto for pigeon shooting,  from a hide. Switching back to my O/U Sporter for clays.

I'm assuming you would prefer an o/u

A new Browning B25 would be a good option at around 10K also the new B15 would be worth a look at. You would also be able to specify what you want as they are custom made. Being in Sweden A drive to the factory in Belgium where they are built might be well worth doing if you can find a Browning agent to arrange it.. 

Perazzi would also  build a gun of your desires too for that price. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm assuming you would prefer an o/u

A new Browning B25 would be a good option at around 10K also the new B15 would be worth a look at. You would also be able to specify what you want as they are custom made. Being in Sweden A drive to the factory in Belgium where they are built might be well worth doing if you can find a Browning agent to arrange it.. 

Perazzi would also  build a gun of your desires too for that price. 

Clad you did not say Beretta then i would think your taking the piss  :)

Evening all.

Need your help/input.

Been shooting registered ESP, FITASC and Compac for two years nog, but been hunting with a shotgun last tweny years or so. I tried to keep it simpel and only shooting one gun a Beretta DT10-L which is working for me on the shooting ground. My main issue is the weight of the gun, using it hunting. Doing both walked up, and hunting from a hide.

The Beretta is about 3,85kg (I'm swedish so using metric  :oops: ), would like to find a as good gun for shooting comp. as using for hunting. My ideal weight is around 3,3-3,4kg. 

No set budget but try keep the price under £10.000, as I'm located in Sweden the choice is on the thin side...

Thanks!

// J
3.4 kg is 7.5 lbs, most experienced people would consider that too light for any clay disciplines, you do OK with current gun everywhere except walked up where you believe taking a mere 1 lbs off the package will help ! Sorry but no brainer, keep current gun.

Being old and decrepit I don't find a 7.5lb gun too light for anything.  The 7.5lb Perazzi Mirage pigeon gun I use is just fine even with pigeon loads.  

But, I agree totally with "keep the current gun".  Just get another for whatever else you want one for.  That's really a no-brainer   :victory:

Evening!

thanks to all for the input. A lot of good advice, also intersesting to see much of my own thoughts in the comments.

As for the DT-11, I've looken at the Black, and it felt like a 2x4 

Had a thoght on the k-80 parcours, but as I at least was thinking of using it for hunting as well, there is a problem, as it's not recomended for steel shot above uk5.

For me there is a felt difference in 7,5 and 8,5lb in a days walking/hunting. And not a fan of heavy loads other that hunting geese.

I think the recomendatitions to look for a custom tailored is the way to go. Seem to struggel with factory measurments in the stock.

so keep 'em comming!

Thanks

Refreshing to hear from a neutral Peter. Had a good chat with Kenny Bennett and Dave Simmons at Southdown Sunday. Both shoot the MX8 DSR now but started with the RSR. They're both loving the newish DSR's with Kenny on top form of late in both sporting and his favoured Fitasc. Jeff Dix, shooting the RSR is top sporting/sportrap vet, almost monthly! JJ has several Scandinavian customers Knipan. Its just whether you fancy the trip over to try one. ?

Wonko, I have to agree , it is amazing how really wonderful the HPX, DSR, RSR, DT10, Dt 11, 692, Parcour , K80, Pro Rib, F3 , F16, MX8, MXS, Kemen really are .

In fact I would even go so far as to say they are very nearly but not quite as good as an MK38.  But we only actually find that out after spending many £'s wasting a lot of time and much hand ringing.  :cool:   :smile:

Second hand HPX there seem to be a good few about .
Salopian,

Please can you clarify your above comment. Only without calling every gun shop in the Country, my internet search hasn't found any second hand HPX Perazzi's for sale and a call to JJ confirms that he has only one second hand 34" SR1 in stock, that was taken as a part ex for a newer model.

Mate of mine has just seen the perfect gun to suit yourself and keep salopian happy. Ej Churchills have a brand new mk38 special, sideplated with b25 forend. Absolute bargain at £10,995!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Salopian,

Please can you clarify your above comment. Only without calling every gun shop in the Country, my internet search hasn't found any second hand HPX Perazzi's for sale and a call to JJ confirms that he has only one second hand 34" SR1 in stock, that was taken as a part ex for a newer model.
Well...............plenty of time to reply but so far nothing! Could this just be "Fake News"?

Did you guys never own a XR2,3,4, GT, GTE, GTI, Turbo, T16, S4, RS200/0, 6R4, TDCI, 2.8i, Sport, Evo, Ghia?............Boy how you've missed out. :D

Well...............plenty of time to reply but so far nothing! Could this just be "Fake News"?

Did you guys never own a XR2,3,4, GT, GTE, GTI, Turbo, T16, S4, RS200/0, 6R4, TDCI, 2.8i, Sport, Evo, Ghia?............Boy how you've missed out. :D
I did not need to, I had an RS2000 as a 'Company Car'.

Refreshing to hear from a neutral Peter. Had a good chat with Kenny Bennett and Dave Simmons at Southdown Sunday. Both shoot the MX8 DSR now but started with the RSR. They're both loving the newish DSR's with Kenny on top form of late in both sporting and his favoured Fitasc. Jeff Dix, shooting the RSR is top sporting/sportrap vet, almost monthly! JJ has several Scandinavian customers Knipan. Its just whether you fancy the trip over to try one. ?
Interesting tip regarding the HPX, been reading about it, and this could be something for me.
The distance is a issue, but not impossible.

Would fancy a trip over, not only to try this but to tyr your clay shooting and perhaps some pigeon shooting, as I'm a big fan of wing shooting.

Any suggestions on how to plan a trip like this?
Shooting grounds to visit?
Anyone who could help arrange some pigeon shooting?

Thanks all!

No problem with steel in parcours as long as you don't put it through too much choke

Latest posts

Back