Registered or "Have a go"???

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

I have the decision to make on should I shoot 100 Registered FITASC on the Saturday at Windrush or do I shoot the 50 "have a go" FITASC at Barbury on the Sunday. I can't afford the time or cost of both so it's one or the other. I am not a proficient shot but have shot FITASC previously and it is my preferred discipline so want to improve. Ignoring cost of entry and travel which will be better for me to progress? Weather does come into it. XC Weather tells me there might be gusts of wind on Saturday with a spot of rain. Sunday at Barbury looks dry without wind but a little colder.

This is of course dependant I can get a slot at either shoot as I haven't yet tried booking in.

Personally I would prefer to do the Fitasc at Windrush.  It will be shot two layouts straight through-  have a rest then the last two layouts straight through.  If weather is a factor then you may prefer to do 50 at Barbury but I think Windrush will be better and that does not mean I would find it easy quite the contrary.  Fitasc can be a bit of a task in really bad weather.

Like anything everyone else's opinion is only that, it's more about how you "feel" yourself.

You can get as much (if not more) out of practice / lessons if you are learning, than blasting through a registered.

One question to ask yourself..... (well more like 2 in 1 really).....

1). Am i feeling confident enough to take on a registered and am i gonna take a step backwards in my confidence if it goes badly?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have done one before and it has gone badly. So confidence wise I am very honest in expectations. I want to progress in the sport and I am leaning towards the thought that there's no better practise than registered targets. I think my biggest failing is that I need to keep my head in it and do the routine. Missing targets because I didn't know where to put the shot is one thing but missing them because I am not concentrating is another.

I have done one before and it has gone badly. So confidence wise I am very honest in expectations. I want to progress in the sport and I am leaning towards the thought that there's no better practise than registered targets. I think my biggest failing is that I need to keep my head in it and do the routine. Missing targets because I didn't know where to put the shot is one thing but missing them because I am not concentrating is another.
My average for Fitasc is not as high as sporting - it does take a lot of time to do well at Fitasc for us ordinary folk.  Windrush will set some tougher targets but I just like the challenge.  I have never shot Fitasc at Barbury so cannot comment.  I have shot their sporting and they do present some tough targets also.

I would shoot the 50 have a go twice with a break in between to absorb the layouts then go back out with a plan to hit the ones you missed. Reg fitasc is great but at this stage if there is a target you can't hit you haven't learned much... 

Now wait for the experts view.

Jasper.

100 reg tomorrow at Windrush. Can't wait. Weather looks good too.
Well chap how did it go? Windrush is by far the prettiest of Steve Lovatt's grounds, one would imagine the cold, sorry the freezing cold might have irked, that apart it was a lovely day in the shire. 

It was indeed cold but I wrapped up warm and popped some hand warmers in my overcoat. Cracking ground and cracking targets. So the scores; stubble 19, top field 20, tunnel 9 and valley 17. 

I don't know what went wrong on tunnel but I royally messed it up. Gutted. 

Latest posts

Back