DT11 Trap

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ru Ri

Hello all

Looking to get myself a DT11 Trap but my local dealer has said there are no new ones in the country and GMK are not importing them just now?

So basically looking at Used ones now, a few on Guntrader I'm looking at but I wonder at what age did they introduce the lighter barrels?

Also they seem to be around the £4k that's a fair drop from 5500+.. are they all like that or ones to steer clear from?

Any advice would be great thanks

Ruairidh

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Looking at sporters on Saturday and asked dealer the same question about barrels. No definite answer it seems. If you have a few to look at in the same dealer the heavy barreled ones are quite apparent when you mount em. And of course the weights are stamped on. Dealer said around 1540grms are lighter ones. Which is about the same as DT10 for 32" . Barrel weight is also very personal so I think you may have to look at a few. Out of five in shop this week , two felt very nice , two felt dead and  barrel heavy and one was in between.

The prices are going up again 1st Feb which maybe why they telling you there are none.Maybe they have stock at old price and are sitting on em.

Hello all

Looking to get myself a DT11 Trap but my local dealer has said there are no new ones in the country and GMK are not importing them just now?

So basically looking at Used ones now, a few on Guntrader I'm looking at but I wonder at what age did they introduce the lighter barrels?

Also they seem to be around the £4k that's a fair drop from 5500+.. are they all like that or ones to steer clear from?

Any advice would be great thanks

Ruairidh

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I am interested in the official answer to the barrel weight too but I think you'll find 1640 stamped on the low rib, non carbon versions, the fact they feel different will probably be down to the density of their wood as well as the type of stock, a friend of mine initially bought a sporter with 30" barrels which felt heavy overall but his present 2nd hand 32" gun (originally ordered as a factory Trap stock and dimensions) feels much less barrel heavy and handles better. I personally think the lighter barrels came with the introduction of the carbon fibre ribs, the high rib Trap guns will of course be a law onto themselves. Let us know if you ever get to physically weight some barrels in a shop ! 

Hey Ruri,

i had same issue with 692 and been told to contact Marco from  http://www.piovanelli.com/.

He had my gun in stock and several others too, without any additional $$$ he was keen to adjust LOP and height of adjustable comb to my preferences.

Shipping from Italy to Poland was 270euro, but due to prices he offered it was still an OK deal to make.

Importing gun is easier then i tho :) and im sure someone here will walk you thru UK regulations.

all the best

Hi all, bought myself a new DT11 for a Christmas present end of November shot 4 rounds of OT, has now gone back to GMK will not eject bottom barrel, reason I bought it was that it is soft to shoot compared to my other Berettas' , GMK say that they now only import the higher stock because they had so many of the lower stocked ones returned and only bring in with the oil finish they also told me that the hand grip has now been slimmed down another previous complaint.

Hi all, bought myself a new DT11 for a Christmas present end of November shot 4 rounds of OT, has now gone back to GMK will not eject bottom barrel, reason I bought it was that it is soft to shoot compared to my other Berettas' , GMK say that they now only import the higher stock because they had so many of the lower stocked ones returned and only bring in with the oil finish they also told me that the hand grip has now been slimmed down another previous complaint.
Got one of the reliable ones then :)   ?

Mmmm, not what I thought do you know something I don't then?
Nope ... but four rounds of OT before is goes back for repair... I am certain these guns are to be relied upon :)  

What intrigues me is you bought it because it is soft to shoot? If a gun causes discomfort when shooting it is not the gun as such more that the gun does not fit the shooter properly and the recoil is transmitted to the shooter in a manner that makes the gun unpleasant to shoot. This trait can be sorted by a good stocker. 

Nope ... but four rounds of OT before is goes back for repair... I am certain these guns are to be relied upon :)  

What intrigues me is you bought it because it is soft to shoot? If a gun causes discomfort when shooting it is not the gun as such more that the gun does not fit the shooter properly and the recoil is transmitted to the shooter in a manner that makes the gun unpleasant to shoot. This trait can be sorted by a good stocker. 
I've shot  a couple of DT11' s and yhey are very soft on the shoulder and smooth. Top lads are shooting the trap guns very well indeed. (Look at the olympic commonwealth games results)

I put the lack of recoil down to the weight of the gun. They are heavy.. but well balanced. 

I would deffo if buying one go to Italy to have a stock custom made.. Didn't a revent thread mention that this can be arranged by a dealer (in that case Premier guns at Doverage) so what GMK import is irrellevent.

It was rumoured that the barrels were altered after the first batch, not sure of it was all to do with weight but for trap  people found they are better when slightly heavier than the original ones they recieved. 

Got one of the reliable ones then :)   ?
I am one of the DT11's biggest critics...but one thing you can't accuse DT11's of is not being reliable!!! Mine never failed to fire, it would fire cartridges that would not go in other guns, the ejectors were very strong, had the timing adjusted for free at the Beretta World in about 10 mins after 20000 shells.

DT11's (regardless of fit) have noticeable softer recoil, mine was comfortable to shoot 50g goose loads or the hardest kicking clay loads all day!!! 

Where to start :)  

Darkside... the smiley thingimybob should give an indication that the comment it a joke... but joke aside four rounds of OT and then off for repair?

The recoil issue... any gun can shoot well if it fits... just as a DT11 can shoot badly if it does not fit, even if its weight is helping counter recoil but I defo hear what you are saying.

The DT11 in the right hands can win major championships as has been seen... does this say anything about the gun... nothing more than if Berretta hire the right person to shoot a gun which once modified to the shooter's requirements they can win competitions with it... in much the same way any gun, once modified, can in their hands. It is very much like Lewis Hamilton going to drive the car of worst F1 team on the grid. If the team can get their car to do what Hamilton wants it to do... he will win races with it :)  

Take your point but my other Berettas' are not uncomfortable to shoot I always make sure my guns fit, I've got and have shot heavy guns but the DT11 feels as I can only describe as smooth and I'm not alone in this other members at my club concure, not had the opportunity to shoot a DT11 black edition yet which weights considerably less.

Seems to me a simple matter to find one that feels like you want, check the barrel weight and then look for one with that weight +/-.  That's what I have done in the past with Perazzis and Perazzi barrels that I've purchased.

I've also weighed every barrel that has come by me and none has ever differed from the stamped weight enough to make note of.  I would like to think that Beretta would be as reliable

JMO of course      YMMV

Blind test is all I'm saying  :cool: . I've shot DT10/11/682 and lots and lots more besides, the overriding factor affecting how they feel to shoot recoil wise (the obvious such as fit and whether a half decent recoil pad is fitted notwithstanding) is weight. 

I have shot full rounds with a DT11 and had a few shots with a couple more, they feel just like a heavy weight clay spec gun should feel, nothing to see here, honest. Krieghoff feel pretty sturdy under recoil too as do some older Winchesters.

Can't argue with heavy=less recoil

but - - - gun fit is essential as well.  My fave old Mirage pigeon gun is 7.5lbs +/- and the barrels are 1.5kg.  Not a heavy weight by any means but it is pretty much recoil free since it  fits me.  The MX8 my wife used for pigeons is a couple oz lighter and she has never had a recoil issue.

just sayin'

the ejector timing issue is common on all Beretta and as James alluded to is a very quick and minor tweek to sort out.

Aye nearly as quick as popping a new spring into a Perazzi trigger... except the need for a smith to do it? ................. that's a brandling with two nibblets of strawberry flavoured sweetcorn fished on a waggler with a fluorocarbon hook length size 10 wide gape high temper hook... ground baiting with chopped brandlings hemp and sweetcorn ... you are as good as hooked :)

Latest posts

Back