Greeting from Northants

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

525kev

Hi,

New to Clay shooting, So much so i'm waiting on my Licence to hit the mat..

Purchased my first Gun which my lfd is holding until i can collect ;)

Look forward to learning from the Forum collective.....

Welcome! I am in exactly the same position. SGC applied for and gun waiting at RFD...

Whats the Northants waiting time for a grant? Not to rain on your parade but it seems to take a long time to actually get the certificate...   

feo told me when he visited if it didn't arrive before xmas then it would be soon after.......So about 8 weeks.

tbh i know the cert will arrive, it was getting the right Gun and a dealer to hold it which was giving me a headache .

What did you end up with Gun wise ?

Last edited by a moderator:
My FEO said I would be lucky to get it this side of xmas - end of Jan was more likely. Someone else in somerset had a 5 week wait after their interview to receive it.

I got a Laurona - second hand. But as I will probably only be using it 3 times a month in reality its more then enough for now. (plus excellent excuse to upgrade in a year or so's time!)

I stuck pics up here

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell us about  the shooting that led to your application? 

Something i always fancied trying but never got round to it.

One of my customers applied and got his cert and my Wife was talking to him and expressed an interest in maybe having a go so i thought right download the application form and get it in, Sort of all happened before i really had time to second guess and not bother.

My Wife wants a go when i get sorted see how it feels, Need to get some 21g low recoil carts for the event .

I'm like a kid waiting for Santa at the moment :baby:

If you haven't already I would recommend some lessons. 

I have only had a couple but they have been worth their weight in gold. 

Are i missed that bit out .

Having my 3rd lesson tomorrow at a shooting ground, Gun safety alone was worth the lessons and cost, It's not until these things are explained that you realise they aint no toy..

Shot o/u's on 1st & 2nd but lesson tomorrow is getting to know a semi, Probably a x400 or Hatsan

Hi and welcome. It seems a long wait for your SGC but mine arrived Saturday and gun now home in the safe. Hope yours comes soon.

Thanks for the welcome peeps.

Had my 3rd lesson today, Ran through the basics of a Semi (Beretta outlander) then commenced the shooting part of my lesson with a 525 :)

Managed 16/25 so i was well pleased with myself.

Guns coming up a bit better and i am getting to grips with focusing on the target and not the end of the barrels :)

Signed off now as safe to have at it, They know me not .

Sounds like the "basic training" I had at Kibworth when I first started?!

very useful to get the basics shown to you by a competent instructor before unleashing yourself into the clay shooting world!

Welcome, and happy shooting! :)

Sounds like the "basic training" I had at Kibworth when I first started?!

very useful to get the basics shown to you by a competent instructor before unleashing yourself into the clay shooting world!

Welcome, and happy shooting! :)

Yep appears a good club and i have Sywell and Sporting targets close to me so there's plenty of choice....

Latest posts

Back