Power blues shot size

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how strange, didn't know that. Bloody eu :)

The 7.5's are English 7's (2.4mm) if that helps. The more cartridges I cut up and measure the more I realise the information on the box lid is purely for decoration!

P.s, Kent MMXVI. Labelled as 7.5's. Are they UK or continental 7.5's? Neither. They're UK 8's! You couldn't make it up! Don't get me started on game loads!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think anything that is diamond shot in gamebore is continental, black gold definitely are, both clay and game loads. Hull high pheasant extreme are continental, that's why they claim extended knock down power because you shooting a size bigger than you think. Normal high pheasants UK sizes, extreme are continental sizes.

Last edited by a moderator:
It really is about time every manufacturer here and abroad just state the actual size in mm on the boxes. 

I personally like the English sizing its part of what makes us different.................roll on Brexit     :wink:

Hull High Pheasant Extreme are meant to be continental. 5's and 6's shud be a half size bigger. The last one's I opened turned out to be a full size bigger. Labelled as 5's but shud be 4.5's but were actually 4's! Complete with a dozen pieces of much smaller 8/9's just to fill the pattern! 

Wish I'd never opened any now but it is a real eye opener.

I too took to splitting (Clay) cartridges open and tipped 6.5's, 8's and 9 shot into a tray whilst examining the contents..........You couldn't tell the difference when you looked into it!

After lots of soul searching I just went back to what I liked best for shooting clay and game and was all nice and happy again.  

Pretty packaging makes rich people spend more to buy them in the hope that they will get a better kill ratio.  ;)   

For what its worth I know that Power golds are defo 7 shot but the box says UK 7.5..........

my head hurts.

everything should be in UK size even the foreign ones. Just because they should and that's that.

bit like shoe size, I am a 9 not a ruddy 43.

Latest posts

Back