FITASC UT rules

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwpzx9r

Just looking through the rules and under ammunition read this. Surely this is an error or are they actually stating that a 28g load must be used? It is not open to interpretation, as I read it anyway, 27.5g is the minimum and 28.5g is the maximum allowed load to shoot UT ??!! :cat:  

After having been shot, the length of the cartridge can must not be more than 70mm.

The cartridge load must not exceed 28 grams of lead, with an allowance of +/- 0,5

grams.

The leads will be spherical, with a maximum diameter of 2.5 mm, with an allowance

of + 0,1 mm.

The use of black powder is forbidden, as well as tracer cartridges or reload cartridges

in international competitions.

reads to me as 28g +5g as maximum load. I see what you mean about the -5 but I don't read it that you cannot use 24g

It is some sort of typo error the way I read it is the max load is 28g +/- 0.5g which means , to my pedantic way of interpreting the way it is written  means the max allowed is 28.5g and the minimum allowed is 27.5g,  you are right Ian it does not state you cannot use  24g loads or even 21g loads but the point is the way it is written  27.5g is the min .... :lol:

The size of shot is unambiguous it clearly means there is no minimum size but the maximum size is 2.5mm  + 0.1mm . If the max load had been written in a similar way then anything less than 28g would have been acceptable .

Last edited by a moderator:
totally agree john, it is open to interpretation.

Latest posts

Back