Westfield 11th Dec 100Reg

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

Planning a long overdue visit to Westfield in the morning, will admit I've never taken to the 120bird shoots hence part the reason I've not visited for a fair while. As a rather upbeat half glass full fellow I'll be going with some optimism that the Westfield monkey will be kicked off this old dogs back. If I see you I'll try try and say hello 

Planning a long overdue visit to Westfield in the morning, will admit I've never taken to the 120bird shoots hence part the reason I've not visited for a fair while. As a rather upbeat half glass full fellow I'll be going with some optimism that the Westfield monkey will be kicked off this old dogs back. If I see you I'll try try and say hello 
You will be fine Richie boy. Forget Owls yesterday and start again at Westfield today. Get your hold point right and don't hang-on to the clay bud. Mr Tipper will be with us. With what gun, we just never know?????  :eek:

Well, um, I really messed that up. One met up with Stewie, Shortlegs, Tiptop and Mark Roberts so a merry gang of 5, we started on st2 a Simo pair 1/4 oh ish with a r-l up in air, I had a plan, first pair well hit, and that's as good as it got for me. Had a rather, well not difficult more a just not getting ones act together day, other than a r-l report pair off a cherry picker I didn't feel "uneasy" about any if the targets, more a case of my laboured lazy slow drawn out protracted style if shooting doesn't work on the targets one saw there today, I'm an old dog who can't do quickly or even moderately quickly taken shots.

Stewie 76, Tiptop 75, Martin 64 and Shortlegs 63 which was winning C class when I left, didn't manage my age, not that I dud last few times I've shot here mind so no sleep to lose. 

Always next time 

I also made a rare trip to Westfield. Nice to see all you guys again. Lovely ground, lovely facilities, great targets.

83 but I felt I was very tatty today. Twice I missed a complete pair in the middle of a stand for seemingly no reason. Then over-lead about 8 other misses, only to find them late by cutting back. Highlight was hitting 7/8 on the two teals stand (I hate these). I did try some tight chokes today and I'm telling myself this didn't help. I was getting dust or a loss. ? Definitely should have hit at least 6 more, but who doesn't say that? Wish I was closer and want to get back there again soon to make it right!

Well, um, I really messed that up. One met up with Stewie, Shortlegs, Tiptop and Mark Roberts so a merry gang of 5, we started on st2 a Simo pair 1/4 oh ish with a r-l up in air, I had a plan, first pair well hit, and that's as good as it got for me. Had a rather, well not difficult more a just not getting ones act together day, other than a r-l report pair off a cherry picker I didn't feel "uneasy" about any if the targets, more a case of my laboured lazy slow drawn out protracted style if shooting doesn't work on the targets one saw there today, I'm an old dog who can't do quickly or even moderately quickly taken shots.

Stewie 76, Tiptop 75, Martin 64 and Shortlegs 63 which was winning C class when I left, didn't manage my age, not that I dud last few times I've shot here mind so no sleep to lose. 

Always next time 
Enjoyable shoot today but as usual you needed to be on your game at Steve's place. Too many I over led and when I did need lead on one stand I dropped 7 out of 8 which smashed the card. Nice to see so many friends not seen for a while before Christmas. 87 winning when I left but still more to shoot I assume.

Keep plugging away Richie, it will come. And get that head down on the stock.

We also went to Westfield where we both shot poorly.  Tony a 72 and me 62.  I am not a fan of driven or teal so a two teal stand and a following pair of driven made my day NOT.  such is life.

I also made a rare trip to Westfield. Nice to see all you guys again. Lovely ground, lovely facilities, great targets.

83 but I felt I was very tatty today. Twice I missed a complete pair in the middle of a stand for seemingly no reason. Then over-lead about 8 other misses, only to find them late by cutting back. Highlight was hitting 7/8 on the two teals stand (I hate these). I did try some tight chokes today and I'm telling myself this didn't help. I was getting dust or a loss. ? Definitely should have hit at least 6 more, but who doesn't say that? Wish I was closer and want to get back there again soon to make it right!
Those Brileys shoot tighter than the stated constriction, I'm sure of it.

I comfortably broke all of the longest crossers at Southdown today with 1/4 choke and 7.5 shot, one of the targets on the last sportrap layout was the best part of 50 metres out.

Latest posts

Back