Fiocchi TT1 vs Top One

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickster

Hi

Am new to clays and just going through various entry level carts from the various manufacturers. Favourites for price / availability / recoil so far are the Fiocchi TT1's I tried. These were from JustCartridges in a uk 7.5 (2.3mm) size.

Most other suppliers have TT1s available as Itaian 7.5 size only (2.4mm). However they also list 'Top One's' which do come in a UK 7.5. Does anyone actually know the difference between the TT1 range and the 'Top One' range? They both are priced very similarly and seem to share the same entry level specs.  If I like the TT1 will I like the 'Top One's?

ta!

Hi

Am new to clays and just going through various entry level carts from the various manufacturers. Favourites for price / availability / recoil so far are the Fiocchi TT1's I tried. These were from JustCartridges in a uk 7.5 (2.3mm) size.

Most other suppliers have TT1s available as Itaian 7.5 size only (2.4mm). However they also list 'Top One's' which do come in a UK 7.5. Does anyone actually know the difference between the TT1 range and the 'Top One' range? They both are priced very similarly and seem to share the same entry level specs.  If I like the TT1 will I like the 'Top One's?

ta!
Can you explain entry level specs to me please.  Because that entry level spec cartridge (TT1) secured me some nice prizes this year and some great scores.  :)

Explain? Well, from Fiocchis own catalogue: "Specially selected component facilitate the onset of the shooter as well as veterans who like to enjoy a product." It's obviously lost a bit of something in translation, but I think they're saying they're pitching these at new shooters. And old farts ;)

Both the TT1 and Top One are Fiochhi's cheapest, lowest antimony, lowest brass carts. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any differences between them or prefers one over t'other.

ps Congrats on the good scores - hopefully I'll be up there one day :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know TT1 superceded Top1 in the uk, well they have if you get your cartridges through Fiocchi UK anyhow. Personally I am very happy to shoot TT1.

Max

Explain? Well, from Fiocchis own catalogue: "Specially selected component facilitate the onset of the shooter as well as veterans who like to enjoy a product." It's obviously lost a bit of something in translation, but I think they're saying they're pitching these at new shooters. And old farts ;)

Both the TT1 and Top One are Fiochhi's cheapest, lowest antimony, lowest brass carts. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any differences between them or prefers one over t'other.

ps Congrats on the good scores - hopefully I'll be up there one day :smile:
aah antimony - Ips where are you?  To be honest I have this last weekend used TT1 and Gamebore white gold at the same time (I won several slabs over the year) I certainly wouldn't buy them at the price they charge and I won't be changing over.  I suppose I have confidence in the TT1s and that it half the battle and they have certainly done the job.  Out of interest what price have you got them for? 

As far as I know TT1 superceded Top1 in the uk, well they have if you get your cartridges through Fiocchi UK anyhow. Personally I am very happy to shoot TT1.

Max
I believe this is about the size of it, one precedes the other. I have shot both and very good they are too, I have absolutely no idea whether the recipe has altered but I seem to think I liked the original Top 1's a touch more, the major difference between these and more expensive shells from the same or other makes is the antimony content which is likely to be around the 2% mark. 

Thanks all for the replies. Fiocchi UK have just confirmed what DolphinCTC & Hamster suspected - the carts are identical inside, basically just a branding change according to them.

FWIW the TT1/Top1s have 3% antimony according to their blurb, whereas most other cheapos from other brands tend to be 2%.

Sian - I paid 159/1000 from JustCartridges, but delivery is 15 quid per 1k. I'm in Cheshire so nearest local dealer is Norgas - again 159/1000. Cheapest i've found is Ace Shooting Supplies at 147 for Top 1s and 150 for TT1s. Though they only do latter in Italian 7.5 (UK 7). I'll  be buying 2-3000 at a time so probably worth the effort to go to Ace for me...

cheers all

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all for the replies. Fiocchi UK have just confirmed what DolphinCTC & Hamster suspected - the carts are identical inside, basically just a branding change according to them.

FWIW the TT1/Top1s have 3% antimony according to their blurb, whereas most other cheapos from other brands tend to be 2%.

Sian - I paid 159/1000 from JustCartridges, but delivery is 15 quid per 1k. I'm in Cheshire so nearest local dealer is Norgas - again 159/1000. Cheapest i've found is Ace Shooting Supplies at 147 for Top 1s and 150 for TT1s. Though they only do latter in Italian 7.5 (UK 7). I'll  be buying 2-3000 at a time so probably worth the effort to go to Ace for me...

cheers all
Shame you are so far away.  My current price is £160 per 1000 if I want to buy them 5 mins from home at a posh shooting school and £149 cash or £151 cheque from a shoot I frequent from time to time.  I do think companies  hype up their "top end" shells somewhat because they know we are a funny bunch and always looking for the holy grail.

I will grab a couple boxes to have a try of these. If they're comparable to Superfast then should be a good everyday shell.

if they are comparable, why change?....
If you have two comparable products side by side and one is £20 cheaper than the other it makes fiscal sense.

I can confirm they are at least comparable to Superfasts in my completely unscientific tests. I shot a slab and managed to break at least one clay so they do work. 

If you have two comparable products side by side and one is £20 cheaper than the other it makes fiscal sense.

I can confirm they are at least comparable to Superfasts in my completely unscientific tests. I shot a slab and managed to break at least one clay so they do work. 
Ah, but nothing was mentioned about price difference. Of course, if they are cheaper but are comparable in other aspects then it is worth changing..

glad you managed to break at least one clay with them...?

Latest posts

Back