Churchill Challenge

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shot this yesterday, a great course.

5 stands of five pairs. At each, the first three pairs are on report then last two simultaneous. These are not severe stands, but worth shooting.

Then there is a 15 bird sequence on the platform all shooting below you. A dangerous area for any moles to appear..

The 20 bird sequence is the toughest part of the shoot for sure, with a good variety of targets, none of them close. The course finishes with a 15 target rabbit sequence, again none of them close.

Phil Easeman shot a 92 I believe, which was good going. The bright winter sun didn't help yesterday. No target going through it, but it was in your face on the 20 sequence. I did 86, missing the last two pairs on the 20. Daft!

Definitely worth shooting.

Last edited by a moderator:
we have a squad booked in for the 30th Dec, shot this last year and thought it was great, cannot wait to do it again.

so would I be with me SxS if it wasn't so bloomin far away. ?

game season Sian, too busy but next year I am defo doing some esp sxs road trips. Don't know were yet

Went today, 2nd time around so that Tony could have a go during holidays.  All I can say is don't shoot it first thing in the morning on a sunny winter's day when the mist is still on the ground.  Absolutely hopeless could hardly see a thing on the 20 bird sequence and hard on the rabbits.  

What are the chances of getting a slot on this tomorrow? I've sent an email this evening and will try calling first thing. 

It sounds like an entertaining shoot!

I'm booked at 10am for my second go, also a rare appearance from my wife. Can't add a third without checking as they need to book a longer slot.. Hope to see you there!

We had a go today and it was an excellent shoot with a variety of targets.  Only problem was the fog, it was so thick that it was hard to see the crow on stand 4, even the driven stand was hard to see, the 20 bird sequence was a nightmare, couldn't see the 'C' target along the bank until it was nearly dropping and it made the 'B' and 'E' targets harder than they were.  The rabbits were also hard to see but saying that, I dropped 2 on stand 1 and was so pleased to straighten stand 3 which was the 15 target sequence from platform (only one in squad to do so)  and the driven stand I also straightened.  Dropped all the rabbits in the singles on the sequence, realised what I done wrong then straightened the doubles!!!

I was chuffed to finish on 70 and all our squad are going back to have another go on a not so foggy day.

Anyone not sure about this should have a go, targets were really good, it was tough in places but very entertaining and all our squad had a great day.  

We had a go today and it was an excellent shoot with a variety of targets.  Only problem was the fog, it was so thick that it was hard to see the crow on stand 4, even the driven stand was hard to see, the 20 bird sequence was a nightmare, couldn't see the 'C' target along the bank until it was nearly dropping and it made the 'B' and 'E' targets harder than they were.  The rabbits were also hard to see but saying that, I dropped 2 on stand 1 and was so pleased to straighten stand 3 which was the 15 target sequence from platform (only one in squad to do so)  and the driven stand I also straightened.  Dropped all the rabbits in the singles on the sequence, realised what I done wrong then straightened the doubles!!!

I was chuffed to finish on 70 and all our squad are going back to have another go on a not so foggy day.

Anyone not sure about this should have a go, targets were really good, it was tough in places but very entertaining and all our squad had a great day.  
Definitely a good shoot but like you we had fog and sun and it just made it impossible on the sequences.  I had already shot it on a good day which I enjoyed.

Definitely a good shoot but like you we had fog and sun and it just made it impossible on the sequences.  I had already shot it on a good day which I enjoyed.
Ditto for me this morning. Fog fools the hell out of me..

Latest posts

Back