2017 UT world championships

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwpzx9r

Are to be held at Megeve in the French alps.... What the F are FITASC thinking about ! Or do they really not want too many shooters to attend?

Is it a 1 or 2 layout ground, looking at google earth?

This is unreal ....

Just looked at the available entrys,  200 for the European at Lonato with 12 layouts   and 300 for the world, this means the snake system at the world.....

Last edited by a moderator:

This is unreal....

1 i think :lol:

unless they have done some work since the last sat pic

Only four fosse at the stand as far as I know. Not only that there is the travel to take into account I would have to fly to Geneva then hire a car for probably five days F that. If they ahd gone for Ychoux they could have had nearly 600 shooters using the proper format not some cock and bull..sh*t.

This is unreal ....

Just looked at the available entrys,  200 for the European at Lonato with 12 layouts   and 300 for the world, this means the snake system at the world.....
Are you still sure about this UT rep thing? 

Where's the exit  :unsure:

DT

The FITASC entry page for Lonato will be modified as and when FITAV determine the actual entry.

I shot at Megeve many years ago. It's a great shooting ground, it was owned by Yves Tronc and his father, both shooters. IIRC it had four ranges, they're built into the side of a valley. They used to run an Ironman competition of nearly a week of UT shooting, daily competitions and then aggregated  together. I think that's run at Pierrefeu now.

FFBT wanted the shoot at Ychoux but FITASC did not because of complaints about the ground have not been addressed by FFBT. The snake system wouldn't have been needed at Ychoux either.

We didn't have the snake system back in the day at Megeve either, just four days shooting and 50 targets a day.

"I shot at Megeve many years ago. It's a great shooting ground, it was owned by Yves Tronc and his father, both shooters. IIRC it had four ranges, they're built into the side of a valley. They used to run an Ironman competition of nearly a week of UT shooting, daily competitions and then aggregated  together. I think that's run at Pierrefeu now."

Still do it at Megeve 500 targets over the course of the week.

however...

The club I shoot at is a great shooting ground... but it is not adequate for shooting a world championship...  with only four trenches neither is Megeve... unless shooting an entirely different format and restricting the numbers who can shoot is high on the agenda! Ychoux should have been the ground of choice regardless of what FITASC required. The French championships was a great success this year when 570 shooters took part with out a hitch and they all shot UT not some shoite thought up by an ahole who is desperate to be someone. 

You don't need to have a brain like Einstein to realise that Plinkarse is trying to make his case for the snake and is going out of his way to make a point by choosing an unsuitable ground and shooting a format that is not UT ... but who the f~~~ cares its his brainchild that is all that matters !!!

I heard quite a few shooters talking about this choice of ground at a competition at Ychoux in October. I was just earwigging but there was a bit of grumbling... I never thought it had anything to do with the worlds because at that time nothing had been decided... or so I thought.

As a matter of curiosity what are the complaint issues FTASC have?

if folk don't like the idea of snake bollox (including myself) then vote with feet and don't shoot it. Simples.

personally I never saw the point of ut anyway may as well shoot abt or ot

mpionships was a great success this year when 570 shooters took part with out a hitch and they all shot UT not some shoite thought up by an ahole who is desperate to be someone. 

You don't need to have a brain like Einstein to realise that Plinkarse is trying to make his case for the snake and is going out of his way to make a point by choosing an unsuitable ground and shooting a format that is not UT ... but who the f~~~ cares its his brainchild that is all that matters !!!
C'mon, John.  Don't hold back - tell us how you really feel about it !!!!

if folk don't like the idea of snake bollox (including myself) then vote with feet and don't shoot it. Simples.

personally I never saw the point of ut anyway may as well shoot abt or ot
I can appreciate the financial side of 5 machines vs 15 machines and the everybody gets the same targets scheme that ABT doesn't have.  But as I've mention before, in the 21stCentury some fairly easy mods could be made to ABT machines and a computer attached that would make it an ultra viable alternative to the trench.

JMO of course and not that any of that is really pertinent to John's lament

fare point Charlie yes UT is fare but I remain adamant that law of averages dictate that after 100 abt I don't think anyone will be that much different. Anyway I still reckon UT is old mans ABT poor mans OT ?

fare point Charlie yes UT is fare but I remain adamant that law of averages dictate that after 100 abt I don't think anyone will be that much different. Anyway I still reckon UT is old mans ABT poor mans OT ?
To Be honest Ian it does not matter what anybody thinks of UT it is a shooting discipline that can be shot as a world championship because it is equitable in the targets it presents to shooters and the competitive shooting world takes it seriously... very seriously... it wont if Plinkarse F's it about any more than he already has.

As to the choice of Megeve as a venue for a world championship in France only FITASC or should I say Plinkarse could have come up with that venue.

dtl is shot as a world champs and that's not equi eqea equa ........ Fare ?

The word you are looking for is either equitable or Fair  :)  

Well DTL shooters are so dim they don't know wot fare means :)  

The word you are looking for is either equitable or Fair  :)  

Well DTL shooters are so dim they don't know wot fare means :)  
I'd have to say that from the looks of the DTLers (and ATAers as well)  they have a solid concept of what "fare" is and indulge with some enthusiasm.

I'm less sure that ABT would average out in 100 targets.  But I'd shoot it no matter if there were one here to shoot.  You people don't know how lucking you are in the games you have available.

Interesting views of the choice of venue at the shooting ground today. All shooters are entitled to an opinion and most I talked to said that Megeve was totally inadequate  for the event ... but some money may have changed hands to sweeten the deal! One guy saying that Megeve was more akin to Switzerland than France.. not happy bunnies :)

I've just spoken to my old friend Sandro Polsinelli who is president of the UT technical commission. He says the figure on the FITASC website for the Euro UT champs is an error. They can use either 8 or 12 ranges at Lonato with a maximum entry of 648 shooters. 

So will Fitasc change their website accordingly?

DT

Latest posts

Back