Winter Lay-off

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidney

For some reason it feels like its been a long long season, Welsh OT selections started in late March, and we have just finished our last big comp a week ago over in Italy. I have been banging on about how I'm looking forward to a break don't want to look at an orange disk until the new year. A week into my self imposed winter shooting ban and Im chomping at the bit to get out and shoot a comp. Welsh and GB selection shoots seem a long long way away. 

Would this count as an addiction, and if so do I need help/Rehab?

Same here sid,its a addiction ,if it wasnt i would of stoped years ago and saved a fortune. 

Anymore than a couple of weeks and I'm chomping at the bit to pull the trigger as well. Would shoot every week if I could but divorce would be too expensive.

Addiction ? Yes. Does addiction improve performance? Not in my case. :(

DT

Ha.. I think the same.. won't go next sunday as I ahould have a break. Next sunday comes and I  find myself failing to resist unless as DT divorce is on the cards..  

TBH once a week isn't enough to scratch the itch but working takes up so much time it makes it near impossible to do much more . 

Last edited by a moderator:
Weather is dire here just know so shooting is out of the question add to that the fact that I have sent my stock off to Mutley to have some work done on it and the game is a bogey. I could use my Browning but not in the weather we are having today and projected for the next couple of weeks.

I've just got my new super duper overtrousers, thermal vests and leggings so I am good to go, anytime, anywhere.

I am still enjoying my sabbatical from competition, I shoot what I want when I want these days. I can go a month without pulling the trigger but of course I have an alternative thing to do that does not involve lots of travelling or any expence and that is working or training the dog. So my advice is to get yourselves a pooch ?

I am still enjoying my sabbatical from competition, I shoot what I want when I want these days. I can go a month without pulling the trigger but of course I have an alternative thing to do that does not involve lots of travelling or any expence and that is working or training the dog. So my advice is to get yourselves a pooch ?
A pooch may not be a universal alternative but the concept is most sound.  For a competitive shooter, shooting just to shoot is a bad idea.  A truly competitive shooter approaches this as a task and not a diversion.  If you go out just to do some sort of undirected blastinating you are not really doing yourself any favors.

You might be better advised to spend that time/$ in a gym.  A subconscious knowing that you are physically well prepared can be way more valuable in the long term than burning up some ammo. 

JMO of course   YMMV

totally agree Charlie, as for the gym...nope you need a pooch, I have lost one and a half stone since Jan 15 when my pooch adopted me. For the record I was still an Adonis before the weight loss. ;)

totally agree Charlie, as for the gym...nope you need a pooch, I have lost one and a half stone since Jan 15 when my pooch adopted me. For the record I was still an Adonis before the weight loss. ;)
I'm sure no one doubts that!  You must be quite the impressive figure now.  Sort of gilding the lily, innit?

I lost a bit of weight when the price of beer went up.......but I've got used to the price now......?

Latest posts

Back