Cartridge prices on the way up.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aris

This is what RFD told me, so I bought a bit more than than usual.

Apparently because of the fall in sterling.  Last time it was due to the lead price.  When lead went down, the price didn't follow.  Neither when the price of oil plummeted.   Funny that.

Vote with your wallet.

As an indication bought  some 28g Eley Select last week at £150 per 1000, dealer told me they are going up to £166.

I can't help but think a lot of companies are going to try the "fall of the sterling" excuse to squeeze people for more cash

a prime example, Unilever who were putting pressure on Tesco to increase prices on all their products because of the pound/euro exchange rate... it turns out that most if not all Unilever products are made in the UK for the UK market so no exchange rate needed.....go figure 

i understand production companies need to make a profit  to continue in business , but it seems they use every excuse in the book to squeeze every last penny out of us the shooters  or is it fuelled by the shop owners ?   one sure thing the price never goes down as fast !      I  would like to shoot top end shells such as black gold or sovereigns    but cost prohibits me .   and even as a average shot  I think top shells might get me a few extra ticks on my score card .      tin hat on ready !  :eek:   

Just bought a few K of my favourites to get me by until the £ strengthens and cartridge prices come down as they surely must.................

Just bought a few K of my favourites to get me by until the £ strengthens and cartridge prices come down as they surely must.................
I would not count on either of those.

Prices now are for old stock. Soon, the poor exchange rate will drive prices up I expect. No price drop anytime soon.. also, price drops don't happen as it cripples dealers with stock.

The simple fact is the value of the pound has fallen about 16% in value against the € and the $ that has to effect what you can buy if the item is valued in those currencies. It is absolutely certain that cartridges made in Italy for example will eventually increase in price. This should be a great time for the British cartridge manufacturers to sell their cartridges because notionally they should not need to increase in price and should be ultra competitive in price against for example Italian and Spanish brands... unless all the components they use to make them are bought in from abroad ? 

Do you still believe in Santa Claus too ?

He will be along in a minute I'm sure !    :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I did have my tongue in cheek..
Living in France it goes without saying exchange rates are important to me as I have to change money and do keep an eye on the predictions of so called experts. Unfortunately the opinion at the moment is parity for the pound against the euro sometime in 2017... not good news at all :(  

I actually think this could cause a lot of expats to return to the UK as many are on a pension which has taken a massive hit because of the exchange rate... am I returning ... not a f'n chance if what I read in the BBC news and other British media sources is anything like true the UK sounds like a very nasty, intolerant and divided country right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
.. am I returning ... not a f'n chance if what I read in the BBC news and other British media sources is anything like true the UK sounds like a very nasty, intolerant and divided country right now.
Aye, I'll crack the f****ng jokes!!! Too tolorent if anything!!! While we have people openly preaching hate  and soldiers like Alexander Blackman in jail for killing the enemy...no, too much pandering to the tree huggers!!!

Bought 6000 this afternoon. £143 a thousand for plastics and £145 for fibres.  Was told that what he had in would be the last at those prices.

Aye, I'll crack the f****ng jokes!!! Too tolorent if anything!!! While we have people openly preaching hate  and soldiers like Alexander Blackman in jail for killing the enemy...no, too much pandering to the tree huggers!!!
Oh the irony...

Everything will go up.  If you have any big purchases to make in the coming months, may be a good idea to bring them forward.  

This could be good news for local producers of products - but sterling has been strong for so long, we don't produce much in the way of competitively pricedcommodity products any more.    Either way it will affect prices both due to the cost to import goods and raw materials - and the inevitable rise of this inflation.

I did wonder when the cartel...oops, sorry I mean UK cartridge manufactures would use an excuse to put the prices up.

Like has been said before when lead was cheap did they go down? When oil was cheap did the price go down? Nope

I got into trouble once for asking if they toss a coin to decide who's turn it is this time to increase prices first...oops

Fuel was about £1.09 in 2007 and shells were aprx £135.....fuel now £1.18 shells £190 !!! lead prices virtually the same ? so it must all be due to the exchange rate then ? :angel:  

Back