Hello from Rochford, Essex.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AstonB

Good afternoon all,

Hope your all keeping well.

I am a complete amateur at shooting but am wanting to jump right in as my father and grandfather were keen shooters.

If anyone could recommend a good shooting club near me (that are happy to teach me the basics) it would be very much appreciated.

Is anyone familiar with the Fennes Shooting School or the London shooting club? Just by looking at their websites they look quite good (Along with Holland & Holland although very expensive! Maybe worth it though?).

Best regards,

Brad. 

Hi Brad      Welcome to the forum :hi: enjoy your visits and your venture into our great sport  sorry I can't help with your questions as I'm not in your area but I'm sure someone will be along to give you the information  

All the best 

Welcome and enjoy.  Someone who knows the area will be able to help I'm sure.  

Hello and welcome.

Femmes is good. Nice ground, good coaching by all reports. I have several friends who have had lessons there. Haven't been to the others though.

Hello

Fennes is good, very relaxed with good coaches, Sarah is very good in particular.

Another place to try is Radcliifes in Colchester, Robert is an excellent coach and they have their own ground, another benefit being that the costs are significantly less in addition Robert is a gunsmith (rather than just a shop) so can advise and undertake gunfit etc.

As well as me, a few  friends when they were starting out went to both and we have all been impressed.

Thanks for the welcome and pointers all, really appreciated.

Think I will give the Fennes a go to begin with then, i'm sure my fiance will like the idea of a female coach also.

Hi   Brad     Southend  gun club, and the  ( Lawns)  are both on your doorstep it might be worth giving those a try.

good luck. :smile:

Welcome. Yes the Fennes is a nice place to go. Just wish they would change the targets more often. If you would like, i could meet you up there sometime for a shoot.

Latest posts

Back