Trap simulator? "home shooting"

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foldAA

Hey all!

My local sport club is thinking about getting some kind of simulator so if winter hits hard (not UK ;) ) we have an option

to keep on shooting :p

+ it could serve as a fun toy for new/kids and be used at exhibitions etc.

So, is any available on the market actually worth the money?

We've been looking at http://dryfire.com/  for example

Any reasons to NOT GET ONE?

Can this really improve your shooting?

atb

I have a dryfire system.  I don't have time to use it as much as I would like but it seems ok.

anything more?

Why did you bought into it? Was it best around or cheapest ... or u didnt care?

Dryfire works well for Trap and Skeet, I'm not so sure about sporting. You see what is best described as a window on to the range. In reality you would often see the clay a lot earlier than you do via the simulator for sporting.

If you can get a short throw projector and buy the projector option it's much better.

The software is very good and has a lot of good features that let you slow things down without altering the lead picture, you can practice things at a slower speed and build up to the real thing. Feed back on hits and misses is also good.

I've one on lone from a friend but I don't really have enough room at home to make use of it so right now it's gathering dust...

Last edited by a moderator:
I initially bought it to practice skeet.  I now use it for a bit of everything when I can.  Hard to explain but it just feels "right" when you shoot the target, so seems fairly realistic in terms of swing to the target.  The only thing it is lacking is the effect of recoil slowing you moving onto the second target.  I recently got the projector option.  It's makes your eyes work harder to see the target, the laser is almost too easy to see as it is very bright.

Latest posts

Back