SWSG - South Worcester Shooting Ground

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stew

Had a relaxing break this weekend with the wife staying at the Penyard House Hotel in Ross-on-Wye. We met up with Gareth (Shortlegs) Jones and his good lady Lesley. Not planning to shoot a registered this weekend but agreed to visit the South Worcester shooting ground, just north of Longridge.

Never been to this ground before, but had heard about the great targets thrown from some of the Gloucester lads who shoot the regular Friday fixtures.                                                               What can I say? I have been missing a trick here. A warm welcome was given to us on arrival by John (I believe that was his name), with as much information as we required. We paid £29 for 100 top quality targets as non-members.  Great value in my opinion.

The course was well set and catered for all levels of shooting ability from C to AA class. The driven stands and big crossers were great to shoot.

If you are in the area and have not been to this ground before, give it a go. You will not be disappointed on what we saw and shot today. Stew                             

SWSG Sept2016 (36).jpg

SWSG Sept2016 (4).jpg

Great weekend had by all had a great time with marvellous company with you and Tracy Stew ......

As said missed out here before but heard good reports about it and what a little gem of a ground we found very friendly welcome , well laid out,good range of testing targets for all abilities from driven, teal, loopers, crossers and incomers which if not given respect were very easily missed. Would recommend a visit if your in the area . Good selection of cartridges reasonably priced on sale as well if you were short . I would definately go back for another visit and will be checking their website and news letter for future fixtures   :thumbsup:

look forward to us getting together again soon Stew. 

Gareth 

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 - Met up with John Jeffries of HPX fame there for all the fittings for the SR1 and the DSR.  It is one of those delightful grounds where a complete stranger gets a cup of coffee when they turn up early and unannounced.   A great variety of targets are on offer too, recommended.

Had a great training session with Becky Sealey on Wednesday. As a newbie and cross eye dominant Becky has her hands full with me, but she's well up to task of getting be shooting and consistently.

Thanks to John and Pauline the ground owners for making me very welcome and spending time to discuss the grounds and shooting as a beginner.

A big thank you to local gun Chris Morgan for allowing me to shoot his pride a joy. Thank you Chris.

I had a good look around whilst Becky was with another student. I followed Chris and his shooting partner for there card (sorry I forgot your name). They both gave me some sage advice as we went from stand to stand. Giving me a good look at the layout of the grounds and what I'm getting into as a newbie.

And of course Malcolm the man behind the button, releasing the birds and recording the scores.

Latest posts

Back