Gloucester Sportrap -Barbury 4th Sept

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

September 4th at Barbury, original comp was cancelled and county have asked and Barbury have kindly agreed to run the Gloucestershire CC for Sportrap alongside the Wiltshire CC on Sunday 4th September, event is open to all, and all bookings should be made direct to ground. 

September 4th at Barbury, original comp was cancelled and county have asked and Barbury have kindly agreed to run the Gloucestershire CC for Sportrap alongside the Wiltshire CC on Sunday 4th September, event is open to all, and all bookings should be made direct to ground. 
Well done to Barbury SG for helping Glos run there Sportrap comp, good work done Josh & Hew ??

Great news that this event is on and a great venue. Spoke with Josh this morning to book in and it is filling up quite nicely.

A good opportunity to shoot some Sportrap which is a nice change. Thanks to Chipper and Co. to get this event in the calendar. See you there chaps. Stew

I've booked on for 11am.

Never formally shot this discipline before. I assume it's 4 rounds of 25 birds? 

Will there be much of a break in between rounds? 

Any by tips or advice for approaching this from someone who purely shoots sporting?

I've booked on for 11am.

Any by tips or advice for approaching this from someone who purely shoots sporting?
 9's .....chipperize em haha

I've booked on for 11am.

Go early enough to watch a couple squads shoots one or more layouts, it's usually shoot straight through, only breaks will be due to any delays, no planned breaks, oh read the menu boards, take plenty of cartridges we all double barrel a few singles, oh, enjoy it

So the birds will typically be a bit closer than at a sporting shoot if 9's are the order of the day? 

I plan to do some spectating! There always has to be a first time for everything, might as well make it a country level championship ha ha!

So the birds will typically be a bit closer than at a sporting shoot if 9's are the order of the day? 

I plan to do some spectating! There always has to be a first time for everything, might as well make it a country level championship ha ha!
DP there will be some that have every size imaginable, just use your usual cartridge, if lead in right place the clay will break, now we all know that Gloucestershire is gods finest county, even we can't say it's a country just yet :) 

my my shooting in top shot company then may see you there hoping to possibly tag on a squad with Mr Sleepyhollow and lord Pewsey  :thumbsup:

kindly been booked in by Mr sleepyhollow and I believe shooting with a few from here being tiptop and lord pewsey look forward to catching up with a few others when there  :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back