Men's Trap Rio

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dog Tyred

Ed has finished on 120 ex 125 and currently laying joint 2nd and is guaranteed a finals spot :)

Well done you beauty :D

DT

Sky channel 478 finals 7pm

Last edited by a moderator:
BBC just showed Ed Ling winning Bronze - not very well framed by the camera team but that seems to be a common theme at these Olympics - well done Mr L

Just watched mens trap bronze medal match, Ed Ling winning bronze for GB, well done great shooting. TV coverage very poor, could not see a single clay. 

Many congrats to both Ed and Steve Ling. 

Fantastic result for clay shooting generally as any good news about shooting is a bonus.

and at least Mauro Perazzi now has a medal to shout about :)

DT

Yes well shot Ed I watched it, must say the background did not look the best to shoot against.

Sadly, I have not seen any of the coveridge.

Ed is to be congratulated on his achievement but sadly it will only be by us the fellow competitors .

Let us hope that our Team can win more and hopefully the BBC and the nation will have to acknowledge their achievements. But lets us face facts, our medal winners in shooting sports are soon forgotten.

Sadly, I have not seen any of the coveridge.

Ed is to be congratulated on his achievement but sadly it will only be by us the fellow competitors .

Let us hope that our Team can win more and hopefully the BBC and the nation will have to acknowledge their achievements. But lets us face facts, our medal winners in shooting sports are soon forgotten.
The trap final was shown live on BBC4 so they did their bit.

alas I think you are right about shooting medals (less than Gold) soon being forgotten, especially when there is a synchro diving medal to talk about. Could really do with the skeet and DT girls and boys bagging a couple of Golds :)

DT

The trap finals were good to watch!!! Massive congratulations to Ed Ling!!!

The Bronze medal match was shown again later on BBC1/2 in  the main coverage along with the medal ceremony and an interview with Ed. 

Well done Ed .  

The trap final was shown live on BBC4 so they did their bit.

alas I think you are right about shooting medals (less than Gold) soon being forgotten, especially when there is a synchro diving medal to talk about. Could really do with the skeet and DT girls and boys bagging a couple of Golds :)

DT
First off great performance by Ed Olympic medallist amazing achievement. The second point is that sadly shooting will never be an accepted sport in the UK at any level. By that I mean that there will acceptance of the medals won and for a very, very short period the medallist will be paraded to the media... but it just completely fizzles out and there is zilch put into the sport on the back of the achievements. Think back to the last Olympics our very own gold medallist in London and what did shooting really get out of that amazing performance... absolutely nothing, zero ,zilch nada! We don't even have a legacy state of the art shooting ground , which at the very least is what British shooting should have got out of the event !... but no absolutely nothing. Mind you West Ham get a state of the art stadium for being an absolutely mediocre football team and their owners get to coin in the profits for outrageously pitiful rent paid. Just my opinion but even for a minority sport shooting in Britain does well in the face of total disdain by the public at large and sporting governing bodies in general.

How many no birds were there in that competition? One competitor had 3 in a row, couldn't have been good for his concentration!

Now if that had been Southdown there would have been an outcry! :)

Ed did a brilliant job, we've even seen him on local TV news down here. Same when Pete Wilson won gold back in 2012. However within a couple of months almost nobody down here knew who he was, except those of us who shoot of course. 

well I must say the level of media coverage of Ed's medal has been pretty impressive...so far. I've seen him on various news and media outlets (Sly news, BBC, BBC Southwest, etc, including a Live Facebook interview) and they (BBC) even did a live broadcast from Nuthampstead this morning.

Now if the Double Trappers and Skeeters can make a final we should see quite a bit more.

DT

I think the coverage has been good in quantity but (extremely) poor in quality. As for medalist being forgotten, my view is that whilst this is true for shooting it's also true for other sports such as Badminton/Taekwondo/Archery/Canoeing and I dare say there are others.

As a little test, how many people do you think would remember that GB won a Gold Medal for Taekwondo in 2012? I'm not affiliated to the sport, just making a point so feel free to argue with me  :lol:  

..... but it just completely fizzles out and there is zilch put into the sport on the back of the achievements. Think back to the last Olympics our very own gold medallist in London and what did shooting really get out of that amazing performance... absolutely nothing, zero ,zilch nada! We don't even have a legacy state of the art shooting ground , which at the very least is what British shooting should have got out of the event !... but no absolutely nothing.
Not sure why you say that? The UK Sport funding for Rio was around £4,000,000 each for Shooting and Disability Shooting. In the case of Disability Shooting this represents a huge increase over the funding given at London (about £500k) and around £2.6m for the other guys and gals. 

Back