Jocker Competition

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwpzx9r

Has anybody shot Jocker  competition 28g plastic wad cartridges and if so what would you say about their performance? I ask because there is a supplier nearby where I can buy them for a reasonable €168 per thou. At the weekend I shot some Rio target load  which were quite good for about the same price but I cannot find a nearby supplier.

Rio target are a very good shell you would be strapped to find better in the price bracket !

Rio target are a very good shell you would be strapped to find better in the price bracket !
I thought they were good compared to my usual Clever T2's and a good price but there is no stockist near me... whereas the Jockers are available not far from me. I think I may give them a try out.

I thought they were good compared to my usual Clever T2's and a good price but there is no stockist near me... whereas the Jockers are available not far from me. I think I may give them a try out.
Go for it, after all, often the only way to conduct your own tests on a given cartridge is to shoot 250 or so through YOUR gun !

Well I bought 250 of the Jocker competition carts. I tried them out yesterday and to be honest I am very impressed. Of course you have to be reasonable about the cartridge performance because as we all know personal performance has the biggest effect! Anyway I was getting amazing breaks yesterday the targets were just disappearing but the recoil characteristics of the cartridge were very good so soft even more so than my usual Clever T2's . I would say that these cartridges are every bit as good as the Clever T2 I normally use but cost me €172 per thou instead of  €204 so tomorrow I am over to buy a few thousand of them.

I tried them out yesterday and to be honest I am very impressed.
Hardly surprising.........as your own research showed you that their components and powders were manufactured by Fiocchi! :rolleyes:

Hardly surprising.........as your own research showed you that their components and powders were manufactured by Fiocchi! :rolleyes:
I don't necessarily think its surprising really they still have to manufacture the carts ... anybody could make a hash of that ... just ask past Fiocchi  users :)  

I used some of these and was not impressed by them.and at the price you quote I would say they are expensive I paid 140 for a thousand.there is a Kent cartridge currently selling at my local red for 136 per thousand hull mmxv1 and they are every bit as good as velocity. I bought ten thousand as I am sure they will rise in price..and if they don't at least I am a few months in stock.

€140 per thousand or pounds ?

Well of course the pound is in a transition at the moment and some things that were bought in Euros which were bought a while back will be cheap but €140 per thousand is very cheap way cheaper than they can be bought here, which is odd, we are paying € 160 for the blue version and € 172 for the orange ones ... but that is not going to last very long at all in June you could buy a 1.31 Euro for a pound today you can buy  1.10 so you will pay a lot more for the same cartridges. Never the less in my opinion a bargain when compared to Clever T2 .

Last edited by a moderator:
"The pound falls below €1.10 for the first time since March 2010"

Splitting Hairs :afro:

there is a Kent cartridge currently selling at my local red for 136 per thousand hull mmxv1 and they are every bit as good as velocity. I bought ten thousand as I am sure they will rise in price..and if they don't at least I am a few months in stock.
I found out today that they are coming to an end very soon !

Managed to pick up another couple of thousand jockers at £140. The plastic bags they come in create quite an interest iam regularly asked what they are. I always tell people they are from aldi 

Managed to pick up another couple of thousand jockers at £140. The plastic bags they come in create quite an interest iam regularly asked what they are. I always tell people they are from aldi 
Got to say chippy I am loving using these cartridges ... I am even thinking about trying the cheaper ones :lol:

BTW £140 is a good price they are €160 down here and made just along the road so you are getting a really good deal.

So now game bore have discontinued the xxiv things and velocities are at over £170 along with superfasts. the jockers la still available at £160 I'm sticking with the jockers.  Gave some to a AAA sporting shot today and he was impressed.  Doesn't usually notice the difference in felt recoil but these were softer than his usual Olympics. 

Latest posts

Back