Hello from Texas

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaguar

Greeting from the great state of Texas.  I am a member of my local gun range and about 7 years ago the club needed an assistant for our event coordinator.  The man was doing a lot of informal skeet and trap events so I was shamed into shooting with them.  For about a year I shot every month with a different gun borrowed from various shooters.  I was hooked so I picked up a Mossberg 500 pump and shot many years with that.  I became the EC myself and kept holding skeet and trap events along with pistol, rifle, and rim fire events.

I stopped as events coordinator for a few years due to personal reasons but last month was asked to do it again and agreed.  Really enjoy shooting anything but getting passionate about clays.  My pump gun forend broke and I replaced it with plastic furniture that hasn't been conducive to volume shooting so I am anxiously awaiting my next gun from the shipper, a Mossberg 930 Pro-Series Sporting.

Now I am looking for any good information on clay shooting and this seems a good place to learn.  My goal is a perfect round, 25/25, and some acclaim for myself and the much maligned Mossbergs (on clay fields anyway.). Haven't hit that yet, 23/25 is the best I've shot.

Anyway, happy to be here, looking forward to meeting new mates.

Cheers, Jeff

hello.gif
 Jaguar,

Nice to see shooters from over the pond ! there is plenty of info on here for you...................and a bit of humor from some :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the welcome, some day I hope to visit England.  Four generations of my family were British subjects in the colonies prior to the revolt, and my 5xG-Grandfather fought the red coats for Gen. Washington.  No hard feelings.

Turned up to our local friendly clay shoot today with a 500 Acc-choke, half expecting to nave a few negative comments. Four lads begged to have a try with it :D

Now I am looking for any good information on clay shooting and this seems a good place to learn.
Hi there!

You could do a lot worse, than take a few pointers from one of your Countrymen.  I assume you have heard of Todd Bender?

I recommend his videos, very informative.

Last edited by a moderator:
Todd Bender :angel: that's a good name for a transvestite  :lol:

Latest posts

Back