World Fitasc 2016

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I am getting gun out the cabinet for the 2nd time this year. Have not shot a FITASC comp for about 12 years so definitely playing rather than competing.

Looking forward to catching up with old  friends (and Cyril).

Just make sure your safety catch is not in neutral Jeremy!

Regards

Leigh

I am going to keep Leigh in control!  He is an acquaintance as you cannot have a Fitasc referee as a friend! :bye: :bye:  See you all there.

Well I am getting gun out the cabinet for the 2nd time this year. Have not shot a FITASC comp for about 12 years so definitely playing rather than competing.

Looking forward to catching up with old  friends (and Cyril).

Just make sure your safety catch is not in neutral Jeremy!

Regards

Leigh
Everything will be engaged Leigh............

See you there 

Kemble and I had another obligation cancel so we registered last minute.  Looking forward to seeing everyone and finally meeting Cyril!  

Save the meeting for the last day - you dont want it to spoil the whole event.

Due to fly out Tues. a.m. with easyjet. Sweating on the French Air Traffic strikes that has seen alot of flights cancelled on Tuesdays.

Weds

Went to the ground , temperature low 30s, impressive set up with loads of trade stands and places to try guns on.

Thurs

Temp. high 20s beautiful conditions. Shot Browning and Perazzi in olive groves at the top of the hills. Spectacular views, good mix of targets.

Fri

Absolutely horrendous morning with torrential rain. Started on Gamebore, mainly in stubble fields, no straw or woodchip down, just mud. I strawed down the hoops as we went round. The last stand was in a sunflower field which you could barely stand up in. I asked the relief ref if we could cut a straw bale open and put down a pathway, but told no. Ridiculous. On the way out the stream had risen to a foot deep, do just had to wade through it. Excellent targets though.

Caesar Guerini was up in a ravine throwing targets from high above and down below. Absulutely outstanding one of the best I have seen. Unfortunately my score matched the temperature 11! Could not stop shivering and blanked peg 2. 

Cloudy 19 degrees forecast today. Have bumped into Cyril, Jeremy and Natasha so far.

Leigh 

Sat

Overcast all morning, sun burning through later. After being a 4 person squad for most of yesterday after the 2 Belgians stopped after 2 stands, we were 5 today as 1 of the Austrians did not roll up. Beretta 1st, which is on flatter terrain nearest the club. Again a good mix of targets. Then Promatic which was mostly above a gentle valley.

The Belgian Lady got upset with the Ref on 3 so its just 3 of us Sunday. shot like I have never held a gun in my life! 11 and 11.

Sun

Hot and sunny. Fiochi is flat with trees and rising ground in front. Head is now totally gone and finish with 9.

Watch George finish a few squads later on 190. He feels he needs 191 for the rostrum, but he will be on it. 190 is an unbelievable score here and if Derrek Mein beats it (5 in Hand) , then he is very deserving champion.

Kriegoff is mainly below an escarpment but there are only 3 targets launched off the top. Shut an eye on last couple of stands and hit a few for 13.

Everyone of the opinion this has been an outstanding shoot with one of the best set of targets thrown at a World Champs. Loved it.

Leigh  

The "Mein" Man 191............ George 190

Unbelievable scores. Well done to all ?

Even with the rain I enjoyed the week. 

Great to drive out and see some the views, even if we were motoring on a bit. 

Personally I shot ok, Shooting my average. 

The layouts were testing with no gimmies as such.

Every Peg I had to work hard to get as many as I could on the card. 

Ended 157/200 in the scheme of things I am happy with. 

Away three more times in the next couple of months to France, Holland and Germany for more Fitasc, so the learning continues. 

Back