clayshooting classic 2016 what is your view?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of shooting freinds shot it , was speaking to them at the weekend they was saying for a big event the atmosphere was rubbish an they was saying the targets was very similar on every stand .also apparantley they heard a old fella having a rant at john bidwell something about the targets .i dident shoot it so cant comment just going off what they was saying on the other hand i had a friend come 3 rd in a class he said it was brilliant ....... But with most grounds if people shoot it well the course and stuff was brill if they had a bad day the course /grounds rubbish 

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of shooting freinds shot it , was speaking to them at the weekend they was saying for a big event the atmosphere was rubbish an they was saying the targets was very similar on every stand .also apparantley they heard a old fella having a rant at john bidwell something about the targets .i dident shoot it so cant comment just going off what they was saying on the other hand i had a friend come 3 rd in a class he said it was brilliant ....... But with most grounds if people shoot it well the course and stuff was brill if they had a bad day the course /grounds rubbish 
That theory can be discounted in this case.

Didn't shoot it myself...........

Two friends did, one loved it, the other said it was boring.

I shot it in a squad with an A shooter, two AA's, 3 AAA's ( two very well known ) and me as a B.

I found the targets ok, Nice settings in amongst the trees and I did better than some on a couple of the trying ones but the blue layout got my number and punished the hell out of me and by the time I'd got into the second half of it I'd started to give up. The triple A's were saying it was uninspiring.

Lovely ground and facilities. Atmosphere of a church outing. Considering it was £80 for 150 targets and a bloody long drive each way ....... not next year.

One ref was stomping around and bellyaching as he had not been allowed to park on the ground and had had to park his caravan at a nearby and pay full cost so he was basically there 'for the love of it'. He was not a happy camper! :)

I shot it and i did not finish where i wanted to be but i still enjoyed it , the targets for me were a lot different to what i usually shoot, you had to get on with it as you only had a short window in which to shoot them in , it was all about speed and angles nothing at silly distances .

For me our squad ran ahead of time , no breakdowns , maybe a couple of no birds , refs were very good , facilities were excellent and staff polite and helpful.

To sum it up this was a different type of shooting to what a lot of shooters are use too , home advantage to high lodge regulars or others that were use to shooting in woods.

I though that this was the worst classic I have ever shot target quality was the poorest I have ever seen and so uninteresting.
Totally Agree, did not at one point think this was worthy of a Classic, should of been named high lodge reg

I didn't shoot it.... Can I complain now?
No Matt :???:   

I did shoot it, compared with the two previous Classics that I've been too I'd say the targets were easier, aside from Stand 12 on both the Red and Blue layouts nothing else was in the extremely challenging category.

It was a good day out with really good facilities but a crazy location for a national shoot, even from the Midlands it was 140+ miles each way and the A14 is always testing traffic wise.

I was there on the Friday and it wasn't exactly packed.   Will probably give it a miss if it is in Suffolk next year.

Latest posts

Back