Gun fit

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonky70

Hi all best place to get my gun fit in bath/bristol area I don't mind travelling 

People are going to need a bit more info to help you there tonky70:

1) What sort of gun is it?

2) What has bought about the feeling you need to overcome a possible fit issue?   Do you have trouble achieving a consistent mount or getting a bruised cheek perhaps?

People are going to need a bit more info to help you there tonky70:

1) What sort of gun is it?

2) What has bought about the feeling you need to overcome a possible fit issue?   Do you have trouble achieving a consistent mount or getting a bruised cheek perhaps?
Not really he just wants his gun fit checked that is simple enough, he is not asking for advice... which when it comes to gun fit is probably a very good thing!

It's a beretta 690 brand new

and I just want to make sure it fits me right 

and then the lessons can start 

Or you could go and see Carl Bloxham at Stratford-Upon-Avon he can check your gunfit and give you a lesson 

Dennis Stepney knows his stuff and he'll do any necessary alterations too. He's near Taunton.

Not sure if he's still going but you could try Jim Wells in Bath very good gunsmith/fitter a bit old school but does good work or a bit more of a trip Tim Greenwood near Telford is good but the lessons you'd have to get elsewhere .

Nigel Teague still does gun fitting from the Tortworth site where the company used to be based before they moved to Sherston/Malmesbury, so easy access off the M5 from Bristol.

Tonky70,

My first question to you would be , how long have you been shooting and is your gunmount consistant?

It will be nearly a total waste of your time and money if you cannot consistantly mount your gun correctly.

Once you can do that I would contact Nigel Teague.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was shooting about 3 years ago for a year then just got back into it with new gun and scores are rubbish 

You could try Wesley Hann at Brook Bank Shooting Ground near Cheddar. Wes is a gun fitter, instructor and a gunsmith. Wes has done two guns for me, he's very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back