CPSA Entry Types

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidJ

On the CPSA website events are listed with an entry type of either 'Open' or 'Entries'. What is the difference? I'm was thinking of going to Oak Lodge to shoot the 100 bird ESP registered but I'm unsure if I can just turn up and enter.

I will ring them tomorrow and hope they aren't to busy to answer the phone.

In short "open" is a non registered shoot that is mostly / usually a set practice round, this "open" title also covers a competition set by others outside the CPSA. "Entries" being a course / shoot that has been set by the promoter /ground and all entries /scores submitted by members of the CPSA are forwarded for recording (classification) to the CPSA, the entry to such shoots by non members appears to be entirely at the discretion of the ground / promoter, sorry not really short but hopefully helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that answers my question perfectly. However it would be good to know if you can enter on the day when looking at fixtures on the cpsa site.

I think that answers my question perfectly. However it would be good to know if you can enter on the day when looking at fixtures on the cpsa site.
Normally if it is telephone entries, booking in beforehand it would say.  Enjoy the shoot.

It's not entirely clear as a registered shoot ( CPSA score submission ), listed as 'Entries' on the CPSA site may be squadded or require a telephone/email/web registration. 'Open' shoots, ie scores not submitted to the CPSA but affiliated to the CPSA, may also require registration. Some grounds do 'pitch up and play' some days and some days you need to register. 

Step one: locate clubs website and check their info, no website, try their email address ( some take days to respond, some never do ) when all else fails use the phone.

Clear as  mud!  :)

A couple of weeks ago driving down from up north I decided to stop and use up a couple of boxes of shells at a ground. Did a scan on the tablet, located a ground along the route, phoned ahead and asked if it was ok to pop in and shoot and was told it was ok. Deviated route about 25 miles, arrived at ground to be told 'Oh, you meant now!' They did organise a round but it just goes to prove that sometime these shooting types need it spelling out in single syllable words ...... one    at    a    time    and     slow ......... ly :) :) :)  

Back