Owls Lodge 11th June

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

As title, normally get beaten up here, that was the old me, it's a nice ground though and I'm off there tomorrow with more than a tinge of good vibe, might see a few of you will try and say hello 

Last edited by a moderator:
As title, normally get beaten up here, that was the old me, it's a nice ground though and I'm off there tomorrow with more than a tinge of good vibe, might see a few of you will try and say hello 
See you there Rich, looking forward to it.

Got back a short while a go, really good shoot put on by Richard as usual.

His usual tricks with speeds and angles could have caught anyone out today.

I finished on 78, made a real mess of 3, 4, and 5 but I didn't feel really consistent at any point today.

Went round with Uncle Rosso and we had a good lad who I've shot with in the clubman league come round with us for his first registered shoot, and didn't disgrace himself with 55 on a tricky course.

Went round with Stew Keen Tony Pewsey and Ma Tipper, tiptop did point out before we shot that my flat chest / lack of man boobs was no doubt hampering my shooting :) few queues do we hopped around a few stands, first six stands went really well for me then wheels punctured / burst / well and truly off. Must admit I do struggle with the odd incomer, Owls though has lots of incomers and they soon wrecked even my struggling card. Did manage to find a rather stratosphoric ( well to me it twas ) report target on stand 4, our last stand so did at least give me a partial :) to end with. Stewie 81 I believe Tony 72 and Tiptop >70 I think, I shot my age which after quite a few disasters here in last few months is an improvement. 

Uncle Rosso had a mega arse scorer who disallowed me a target for being on the ground when it was clearly killed 1mtr above every one saw it hit he would have none of it, I carried that around 3 more stands. Mr Faulds does love his close dropping highly technical everything close type targets. Could have done whole shoot with 9's. Nice to shoot a place like this where this type of target prevails. Good training. Good company.

Latest posts

Back