Glasses Upgrade_Oakley Tombstone

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OlafUK

So after using Oakley Half Jackets for the last five years, I decided I wanted a glasses upgrade! Looking through the market I was tempted by Pilla, but the price was an issue. Now I know like most things in life, you get what you pay for, but they were just a step to far for my budget.

So started to search round the Net for an alternative and found that Oakley do a specific Clay Shooting Lens in a new frame called the Tombstone at £165.00. So having had good experiences with Oakley in the past, I bit the bullet and ordered them. Ordered on a Wednesday, shipped from Canada and arrived with me on Friday, so can't fault Oakley or Fedex with that delivery!

First impressions were that they were nice and light and gave good coverage across the eye. The Half Jackets I could always see part of the frame and the outside of the lens when I shot with them, no such issue with the Tombstone. What really was impressive is how the lens really made Orange clays "pop" and stand out against backgrounds. Now I know its only early days with the new frames, but have seen scores increase as I'm now really focusing on the target. Will try and get some photos of the difference in contrast on an orange clay this weekend and post them for comparison.

I've also just seen that West Country Guns have just started to stock these, so was wondering if anyone else have these and what they think of them?

main_OO9267-08_tombstone_matte-black-prizm-sport-clay-reap_001_93300_png_hero.jpg

main_OO9267-08_tombstone_matte-black-prizm-sport-clay-reap_010_93303_png_hero.jpg

Well, finally managed to get out shooting and rescue an orange clay today, so as promised here's a photo showing the change in colour using the lens. Apologies, its not the best photo, but the iPhone was the only camera handy!

thumb_IMG_2299_1024.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back