New Pilla range, ideal for prescription needs

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdLyons

Pilla have launched two new frame styles, the Mustang and Stinger.

Both can be worn as they are or can be made with full prescription lenses to the Pilla filtrations.

Like the 580 style Matt and Ed are using, most prescriptions can be catered for and are all made in the UK.

Shootclay discounts apply! ?

image.jpg

How do they fare as safety wear - previous tests I have see with separate lenses have been a lot less protective than the single piece styles when placed on dummy and hit by pellets and/or clay fragments 

presume Pilla have got this sorted as unlikely to be cheap

These are large Aviator style frames which cover the eye area fully and offer more protection than styles such as the Oakley Flak Jacket etc

I've chosen a material that is just as impact resistant as polycarbonate but optically purer so the user gets the benefits of superior optics and safety.

RRP is £310 but Shootclay rates apply.

Prescription lenses start at £260, and frames are then discounted.

Really excited to be launching this project! ?

My question was related to safety - the video clips of tests seemed to show that the types with separate lenses fared worse because the lenses detached from the retaining frame on impact - I was hoping the OP would be able to offer comfort this wasn't an issue with new Pilla single lens variants it's the tests were from a while ago

My question was related to safety - the video clips of tests seemed to show that the types with separate lenses fared worse because the lenses detached from the retaining frame on impact - I was hoping the OP would be able to offer comfort this wasn't an issue with new Pilla single lens variants it's the tests were from a while ago
Understood - I saw some rudimentary tests using "garage glasses" which did as you say detach on impact.

These, Oakleys, Randolphs and the older Xeiss/Optilabs styles are significantly more robust so will stay in place

Will they work with my blind as a bat subscription?
What is your prescription? I imagine they would if we can sort out Mr Rutherford's peepers! ?

Understood - I saw some rudimentary tests using "garage glasses" which did as you say detach on impact.

These, Oakleys, Randolphs and the older Xeiss/Optilabs styles are significantly more robust so will stay in place

What is your prescription? I imagine they would if we can sort out Mr Rutherford's peepers! ?
R:  +5.75 / -0.50 x 170

L:   +4.25 / -2.75 x 180

R:  +5.75 / -0.50 x 170

L:   +4.25 / -2.75 x 180
That's a cracker! Yes, we can deal with that using a high index lens.

To tackle this, I would need your Pupil Distance from your optician, I'd send you a frame to try on and would require some photographs, one with you looking straight ahead and another with the gun mounted so I can calculate your optical centres to ensure the lenses are optimised.

Should work really well either in a fixed system like the Stinger or Mustang or an interchangeable like the 580 ?

That's a cracker! Yes, we can deal with that using a high index lens.

To tackle this, I would need your Pupil Distance from your optician, I'd send you a frame to try on and would require some photographs, one with you looking straight ahead and another with the gun mounted so I can calculate your optical centres to ensure the lenses are optimised.

Should work really well either in a fixed system like the Stinger or Mustang or an interchangeable like the 580 ?
I'll email you later

Back